Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vacay.

Next Wednesday, Brian and I are going on a getaway.  We are so excited to have a break from the craziness that life has been lately, and to actually have some uninterrupted time together.

We are already planning our scrabble tournament, I hope to paint my nails, and I'd love to figure out pinterest while Brian squeezes in a few naps.  Maybe I'll grab a few winks myself.  Sounds dreamy, doesn't it?

We won't be traveling far, just 30 minutes north of here.  And while adventure is sure to abound, we won't be going anywhere new to us.

Because we've been to the hospital before and we've been in labor & delivery room 3 twice now (by coincidence the second time, so we reserved it special this time around - to keep with our unintentional tradition).

Next Wednesday, we are having a baby!

We can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has flown by and we are so excited to welcome this little girl into our family.  Charlie is getting more eager everyday; Lucy can't get enough of talking about and feeling "baby ditter;" Brian is excited to have another baby girl to love on; and I'm really looking forward to not being pregnant anymore (carrying this busy baby has been akin to carrying a mountain goat...or so I would imagine).

So while it may not sound like the most relaxing getaway in some ways, it will be a wonderful getaway with the most miraculous souvenir imaginable.

And seriously, we really do consider next week a vacation of sorts.  Is that sad, or what?

6 comments:

Lori said...

What?! It's already time?! With all of the people I know having babies in the next three months I've been horrible at keeping track of who's due when. I am so excited for you guys and it is so true that staying in the hospital feels like a vacation after you've had your first. You'll love Pinterest!

Emily said...

So excited for you! And I totally looked forward to my hospital stay with Colby. A couple days of being waited on with no one asking me to wipe their bum? Sounded like a vacay to me!

Unknown said...

So excited for you!! I hope everything goes well!! I wish I was there to see her in person!!

katielyn said...

Sounds like fun! :) Congratulations!

Chloe and Tyler said...

No way, I swear you just posted that you found out it's a girl. Hope all goes well...very exciting!

Chloe and Tyler said...

No way, I swear you just posted that you found out it's a girl. Hope all goes well...very exciting!