About 3 weeks ago, as we were driving, the kids and I were talking about when they will be grown-ups. I was telling Lucy how lucky she was that she would get to be a mommy and take care of her very own babies. To this, she quickly said
"But mommy, I'm not going to take care of babies, I'm going to take care of kitty cats!"
"Kitty Cats? You want to be a CAT LADY when you grow up?!"
"YES MOMMY!! I want to be a CAT LADY!!!!"
Oh. My. Goodness. My daughter wants to be the cat lady. I'm glad she's only 2. Let's hope she doesn't keep on with such aspirations.
Every neighborhood has the cat lady, right? Growing up, our neighborhood's cat lady was cr-a-zy. As in, kept up to 25 cats in her garage at a time - had CAGES of cats - kind of crazy. So you can imagine how hilarious Lucy's declaration was. I still laugh thinking about her enthusiasm at being "the cat lady."
At least she'll have a place wherever she goes. Every neighborhood needs a cat lady.
| She's a beaut. Love this girl. |
Let it be known that I harbor no ill-will towards cats, or cat-lovers.
In my mind, a cat-lover and a cat lady are 2 TOTALLY different things, on completely different planes.
And if our neighborhood cat-lady reads this. I'm sorry I said you were crazy.
In 20 years, and 20 grandkitties, I'm sure I'll understand your passion.
Forgive my current short-sightedness.
To each, his own.
To each, his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment