Thursday, May 15, 2014

I want to post something...and that's weird.

Because for the past (almost) year, as I've slowly and steadily (though not purposefully) neglected this little family journal of ours, just the thought of trying to catch up is overly overwhelming to me, and I immediately don't do it.

But lately, I want to post.  And that's a very good thing:)  So here I am.

How's about an update on us?

Charlie is growing up so fast!  He is looking more and more like a handsome big boy, and less and less like a cute little boy, every day.  He is 3 weeks away from finishing up kindergarten, and has thrived.  I could never have asked for a better teacher for my child -- a blessing I am enormously grateful for because I have high expectations.  It took him a while to find a good friend, but he now talks about "his Claire" daily.  He loves to have her over to play, looks to her as a comfort zone at school, and just adores his "best friend."  It is the sweetest thing to see my boy developing friendships on his own.  I couldn't be more proud -- he chooses well, and with integrity.  He has done very well in school, and loves learning: I hope he can always hold onto that love!  With his first summer break nigh upon us, I am 100000000000000000 times convinced I'm WAY more excited than he is!  No schedules to answer to, no more deadlines, no more getting everyone fed and out the door before 7:40 am, no more sitting in 25+ minutes of traffic to get him to and from school, no more room-mom stress/pressure/guilt, and most importantly: no more having to miss my sweet boy every day.  Its going to be a great summer; one full of impromptu trips to wherever, and whenever,  just because we can:)  I cannot wait!

 


Lucy turned 4 in March and is hilarious...and very good at giving me a run for my money.  I'll just say this:  I'm realizing more and more, every second of everyday with this child, that she was sent to our family to teach me something.  I think one of those things is patience.  I pretty much fail that test EVERY DAY.  But she is fun, funny, loving, ENERGETIC, incredibly imaginative, musical, artistic, and gorgeous.  With copper hair, freckles, and green eyes, she gets compliments and comments wherever we go.  She loooooves to play dress up and changes her clothes at least twice, sometimes thrice, daily - just because.  She is a hoot to have around.  I'm not sure what we're going to do about preschool for her.  Schools here are outrageously priced, and the idea of having to cart 2 kids to 2 different schools about puts me in the ground.  She's taken a few dance classes this past year and seems to enjoy it, so we'll keep up with those -- but other than that, she will probably have to settle for a pre-k degree from mommy-school.
 


Eve is going to be 2 in a few weeks and is the sweetest thing in the world.  And the most mischievious.  And the cuddliest.  And the sneakiest.  And the most adorable.  She can get herself onto any table, chair, or piano faster than I am cool with.  But with her sweet, lovey disposition, and dark dark dark brown eyes, she pretty much gets away with it.  Eve gives the sweetest hugs in the world, arms wrapped so tightly around your neck, and always follows up with a peck on the lips.  I recently potty trained her and she is doing surprisingly well.  For the first time in almost 6 years, we have no one in diapers -- it is weird, and sad, and awesome! Oh how I love love love my gorgeous brown eyed girl! 


Brian and I are well, and busy, and happy:)  That's a sufficient update on us, right?


6 comments:

Kara said...

Emily...your kids just keep getting cuter and cuter..hope that you are doing well.

Kara

The Lindes said...

I can't believe how big every one is! We're super excited to see you SO soon!!

The Lindes said...

I can't believe how big every one is! We're super excited to see you SO soon!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - those kids of your are absolutely ADORABLE!!! Seriously!! You have beautiful kids. So good to hear an update! Glad you are all doing well. You are an awesome Mommy, Em!!

BrandonandNatalie said...

Could your kids be any cuter!? Love them and you. I hope you are having a wonderful summer. Miss you girl!

Drew and Alicia said...

Great updates! Miss you guys!