Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Classic First Grade Moment...

So yesterday was Halloween (obviously) and as the first big holiday of the school year its naturally all that first graders talk about from about September 1st to Halloween day.
Well everyone in my class was way excited to wear their costumes and couldn't stop pointing out little details of their costumes to their friends. Then Slayter came up to me (I was dressed as Snow White) and said, "So Mrs. Ames, are you like, a vampire or something?" (Mind you at this point, it took all my strength to hold back laughter.) All I could think to say was, "Close Slayter. I'm actually Snow White." His response was an easy-going "Oh. Cool." And that was that. I'm telling you, you've gotta love first grade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilariuos!! I love it! My kids were killing me on Halloween. I dressed up as a surgeon and I made them call me Dr. Stephenson. One of my kids was dressed up as the lead singer of Green Day- eyeliner and all!!! So funny! I'll have to show you pics!

Unknown said...

Em you are so adorable! I love it! You and Brian are so cute and fun. You looked great in your costumes. I miss you! Hope all is well!!!