Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Whoa.

Was anyone else SICK of seeing that t-shirt every time they checked our blog? Of course, by asking that, I'm flattering myself that people still check our blog, even when we haven't posted anything...so I'll just say that I was sick of seeing that post whenever I signed on to see what everyone else was up to.

But moving on:)

Its been a busy month 'round these parts. Though in spite of our "busier than normal" schedule lately, the real reason for our lack of blogging is that our computer got a vicious virus about a month ago. And when I say vicious, I mean we thought that all of our pictures, documents, EVERYTHING on our computer had been deleted. Let's talk about PANIC and HEARTBREAK. But thanks to the friendly (albeit overpriced) neighborhood geeks down at Best Buy, our lives (in documentation) have been saved.

With the saving of our pictures comes a renewed dedication to blogging, on my part. I figure that once the pictures are uploaded online, they are safer from viruses than when they are just sitting in folders. Plus, what fun is a picture in a folder?

So let's chat about June.

The month started with a big trip to Utah for several family reunions. I will post about that tomorrow, mostly because the pictures are on the camera and it sounds a tad too labor-intensive to upload and sort through them all right now. I'm tired.

But here are some pictures from a recycling yard open house we went to towards the end of the month. Brian and I enjoy the open houses that our local recycling company puts on because it gets us out into our community-- the kids LOVE them because they get to play amidst garbage trucks, garbage men, and garbage cans. What's not to love, right?!

Charlie wore his garbage man boots. He is awesome.

According to the Boy, exploring and "driving" garbage trucks will be a regularly scheduled event in Heaven.

Lucy was just happy to have room to run. That's her new hobby now -- moving. Constantly.


Radio Disney was doing a live broadcast from the yard. Lucy was in her element!


I love my boys!

It was a lovely day, with even lovelier company. Now go recycle something!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad that you got someone to get rid of the virus! May I offer a suggestion? Purchase an external hard drive to back up your documents, pictures, etc. That way, if there is ever a time when you can't save your documents, they are backed up and all is not lost.

It sounds like you had a great month! Love Charlie's boots. Too cute. And Lucy is just a doll!

Katy said...

Yay, a new blog post! Lisa and I were telling Amy that we were saddened by the lack of updates from you. We always enjoy the crafts and such! - Katy

katielyn said...

They are so cute! Sorry to hear about the computer problems. I hear you- all of our photos and music are currently sitting on our external hard drive with a virus. I'm so anxious to get my little digital fingers on them again! Plus my iPod is horribly outdate!

Courtney said...

Westin would have loved that event! He is currently watching the garbage right now, in fact. Also, loved that article about the personality types. That's so Ryan and me too!