Tuesday, September 06, 2011

How did we get here?

Our sweet sweet Charlie Craig went to his first day of Joy School today. He was excited and I was thrilled...and heartbroken. Who knew so much emotion could surround a 2 hour-a-week commitment?


When Lucy and I went to pick him up, he was surprised at how EXCITED I was to see him. Apparently I have separation anxiety.


Regarding the actual school day, all I was able to get out of him was that they sang "I am a Child of God", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", made silly faces in the mirror, looked for letter A's (which he found a lot of), and had big apple circles and peanut butter for snack. He said that snack was his favorite. That's my boy.


Happy first day of school, Big Man. You are a Star.
Wait. Make that a Gold Star.

3 comments:

Aub said...

How cute! I remember the first day Riley went to preschool. I was the same way...very emotional. Kindergarten was worse but after that I was good. So glad he had fun & enjoyed his snack. Snacks are the best. Can't wait to hear about more of his preschool adventures.

Bethany said...

i love joy school!! can't believe he's old enough...you guys are gettin' old!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Adorable!! So cute!!