Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm blogging.


Remember the time we had a beautiful baby, 3 months ago?
She is as amazing and enchanting as ever.  And sleeping through the night now too.  Angel.

Remember the time someone told you that having three kids is hilarious and super busy?
They were right.

Remember the time you heard about someone that had post-partum anxiety and depression?
Me too.  And I'm not going to get into it, but let's leave it at this:  thank goodness for modern medicine, because its as hard and scary as they told you it was.
   
And remember the time I used to write on this blog?
Okay, me neither.

Which brings us to my arrival.  The arrival I've come to without consulting Brian, my co-blogger.
I'm thinking its time for us to recalibrate our position on the blogging scene.

Are you laughing that I even think I'm still a part of any blogging scene?
LOLing, even? ;)
Okay, go ahead and pick yourself up off the floor now.

We started our blog as a family journal.  In my mind, it still is that...kind of.  I'm just finding that I avoid blogging these days because it feels so censured.  I hesitate to post too much (of the good, the bad, and the ugly) because "other people" are reading: I don't want to post just "the good", because that paints an unrealistic picture.  I don't want to post the hard, because that's just depressing and who wants to read that?  And I don't have time to post everything because that's just impossible.

So you can see that this whole thing leaves my family journaling efforts broken, bruised, and lying at the bottom of a ditch.

Any suggestions?  They'd be welcome.
Agh, its the great blogging conundrum.

I just realized that there isn't really a point to this post.

So let's recap:

Eve is precious.
Having 3 kids is awesome and busy.
I am happy and healthy now.
We are not dead.
Be patient with us:)
We love you all (unless we don't know you...dare I ask if we even have unknown blog stalkers? Whoa.)

July 4, 2012
Is anyone else impressed that we had all three looking in the same general direction?

7 comments:

Tauna said...

oh Emily! you're so awesome! I don't have 3 kids and my blog seriously suffers even so. I love that you snuck a post in at midnight. I'm up cleaning the house because I realized today that it was not happening with the kids around (and I tried).
And is that a white couch I'm spying in the picture???

Shannon said...

I love reading your posts. I too had post-pardom after my third. What the heck, right! I can have two kids with no problems and the BAM! having a third throws me right over the edge. i don't get it. Glad you are feeling better. I feel like I could just repost this post on my blog and it would reflect my same thoughts. Your children are beautiful!

Kara said...

lEmily... I had post partum with some other fun issues after Aiden...hard is the only realy word I can think of to sum it up. I promise it does get better..much better. I feel your sentiments exactly about blogging...we have kinda turned our picture blog into just that..an area where our families who live far away especially can see pictures ( somewhat often) of what we have been up to and anyone else who desires to...the other blog is my effort to share and focus on those things that make me happy...thoughts, talks, etc I got tired of making everything so politically correct in order for others not to judge me...it has also helped me( myself) to focus on being grateful, and then great if others read it.

Jana Clegg said...

Emily,
I love keeping updated on your family. I felt much the same about blogging and still do. I just started with where I was at and what I was loving or not loving so much about life and blogged about it. I love that are kiddos are much the same age. They are so cute. You guys have a great family.
Take Care.

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Don't stop blogging! I get so excited to see darling pics of your beautiful children and hear of your fun life! I think honest blogging is a powerful tool, because sure as you are going through something and yet you feel alone in the universe, someone else is reading it thankful that they aren't alone in that very thing afterall! You're a champ, Emily!

Jill Revell said...

I'm not sure if I knew you had baby #3...but congrats! Colt (my #3) is 6 weeks and yes, I can attest to the craziness of 3 kids! All your babies are just beautiful!

Aub said...

You're never too far behind in blogging to not blog. Take it from me...I know. I agree that three kids is crazy...you're not alone. I use my blog as a journal too & most of the time I only post the good because I've decided at the end of the day I'm happy to reember the good & not focus on the bad. The bad was bad & I don't want to have to relive it. Keep on blogging. I love seeing new posts about your family even if there are long breaks in between.