Friday, June 16, 2006

Cake Decorating 101

My mom, sister, and I signed up for a Wilton cake decorating class offered at a craft store in town and last night was my first night! It was so fun -- we learned how to make frosting stars and how to write. Everyone had to bring a frosted and "ready to decorate cake" to class, so the three of us spent the ENTIRE DAY in the kitchen baking cakes and making frosting -- it was intense! We had a blast and all of our cakes turned out just as we'd hoped! For dramatic impact, I took before and after pictures: in both pictures, mine is the blue one on the left (can you tell I made it for Brian?!) -- I made a baseball cake, Amy's is in the middle -- she made a flower, and my mom's is on the right -- she made a"Happy Father's Day" tie cake.
We had a blast making the cakes, but the funny thing is that by the time we had finished decorating them we were so sick of cake we didn't even want to try them all! Oh well, I hear cake saves pretty well so I'll just pop mine in the freezer and bring it back to Utah in a few months! How does that sound?! Any takers?! Yum yum:)

No comments: