Saturday, January 06, 2007

Merry Merry Merry Merry Christmas!


Hi Everyone:) December was such an insane month with school and such, that I never got around to posting pictures of our Christmased-out apartment ("wreath decorating" became a new hobby for me)! I've decided to lump everything Christmasy into 1 post:)
Brian and I took a significant step up in the world of Christmas decor this year with a REAL LIVE CHRISTMAS TREE! I hadn't had a real tree for yeeeears as my mom is allergic, so I was pretty pumped:) It was tons of fun to decorate it and I was able to find some killer deals on some fun ornaments (and thanks to some of my students, we already have little-kid, homemade ornaments on the tree. I LOVE IT! They're so cute).
Before leaving Provo, we had our own little Christmas together (which is a tradition we started last year) and then headed north to Pleasant View to spend Christmas with Brian's family. We had a blast! It was such a relaxing break and I learned so much aboutt myself (i.e. I LOVE Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea -- its so romantic and perfect!). While we were there we got a chance to meet up with some of Brian's old high school friends - some of which I had never met. Its so funny to hear the stories about insane things they used to do. I'm tellin' you, you think you know a person...:)
After Christmas we made our way to California to spend New Years with my family. While we were there we went to a super cute town a few hours away called Nevada City (if you saw the most adorable and romantic December Hallmark movie, The Christmas Card, the town is just as cute in person!). We had so much fun meeting up with friends from over our summer down there as well as old friends of mine. You just can't beat the holidays!
All in all, we had a FANTASTIC break and are already counting the days to Christmas 2007!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay so fun! By the by, I absolutely adore Anne (both Green Gables and Avonlea! Hehe!) It's one of those fav girl things in our family. We should have an Anne party some time!! :) I have Green Gables, and I think my sister has Avonlea.

Shelley said...

HI! I found your blog through Emily Kate... I just had to ask where you got the star at the top of your tree... it is SOO cute. Love it. I just recently fell in love with Anne of Green Gables before going to Prince Edward Island this last summer. You gotta go. They have everything Anne you could imagine. Plus it is just a Gorgeous place!!