Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Years Confessions...

So I know that a New Year means new goals, renewed drive to keep those goals, etc... But that doesn't really seem to be happening in my neck of the woods. Well, take it back. I have had some successes, but definitely not what I planned. Here's the skinny on my New Years resolutions...

Resolution 1: Be more punctual.
Reality: This was going very well for the first 2 weeks and then Provo turned into a frozen tundra. Such weather does not bode well for me; so I've found myself staying in bed WAY to late in the mornings and waiting until the last minute to leave the house for anything, just to avoid going out into the cold. Silly and babyish, I know. But true.

Resolution 2: Work out on a regular basis.
Reality: I went to the gym for the first time all year TODAY. It went well, but then I came home and ate 2 pieces of pizza.

Resolution 3: Get all schoolwork done as quickly and early as possible to ensure maximum weekend play/relaxation time.
Reality: With the 3 day weekend I had great ambition. Unfortunately, that ambition died a quick and painless death Saturday morning. Thus after taking care of a few church responsibilities, I took a nap and enjoyed a virtual Murder She Wrote marathon (It was fantastic!).

So there you have it. 100% pure Emily, at your service. However, I have not given up hope. I still have 11.5 months to get these things down!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds just like my Miss Hill! I'm tellin ya, getting schoolwork done ASAP is the best thing ever. I'll start rewarding you on Saturdays if you got all your work done on Fridays. :) And I hear you on working out. Oh I'd so love to do it regularly! But it's so hard to get a good schedule with school! This summer I'll be all up ons tho! :)

P.S. I'm all over your business offer. I hope you were serious because I put in my 2 weeks notice too....