Friday, June 12, 2009

Our Disneyland journal...finally!

The little guy is sleeping so I figure this is my one chance to journal our Disneyland adventure (have I mentioned that he started crawling and pulling to stand on the same day 2 weeks ago? Its so cute and so crazy! Needless to say, not much blogging going on here during the waking hours...). But moving on...

(disclaimer...this is more of a journal post than anything, but there are lots of pictures...!)


Disneyland was AMAZING! We went for a week with all of my family as a family reunion and had too much fun. I can't remember how many times I teared up, just seeing my sweet baby's face light up at something "magical" he saw. There just aren't words. So why am I even trying? We'll let the pictures do all of the talking.

Day 1: Finding Nemo & Small World


Day 2: Breakfast with the characters at Goofy's Kitchen (he was more into the food than the characters...but still loved them), the carousel, several shows, and a parade (he was in love!)

Day 3: Quick monogram photo-op, Storybook Boats, teacups, & Casey Jr. Train (he fell asleep on the train ride, so we called it a day from there)

Day 4: Finding Nemo (he was a fan), The Jungle Cruise, The Tiki-Room, & the Disneyland Train line


Day 5: We ran into our dear friends, the Ricks, from Provo and then did Fantasyland (Dumbo; Snow White; Mr. Toad's Wild Ride; Alice in Wonderland; & Pinnochio)
What are the odds?!!!?



Oh Disneyland, we love you!
(Good thing we bought annual passes! We'll see you later.)

12 comments:

meg said...

I love the picture of Charlie looking amazed in his stroller--so cute! Lots of great pictures--and how fun you get to go back.
Emily, your hair is cute--you rock bangs.
I would love to talk to you more about living in southern CA--I think there's a real possibility we'll head there in the next year or two.

Lori said...

Adorable! I love the one with Charlie sitting on the "C" with his mickey ears on.

Aub said...

Looks like so much fun! I remember taking Riley when he was younger...great memories!

natterpants said...

I love the picture of you guys with the A! You look so great! Hot mama!!! Sorry I missed you the other day. We're getting ready for a spur of the the moment trip to Vegas tomorrow!

Shannon said...

Charlie is getting so big! I love how you can see his little personality coming out in so many of the pictures. What a fun trip!!

Unknown said...

oh man i miss it. i never thought i would say that but i do! and we miss ya'll....call us up and let's do lunch or something. we are dying to hang out again ;)

The Kaspers of Logan said...

What a fun family vacation! Charlie has such a cute little smile. Thank you soooo much for the bouncer! Kiley loves it and therfore I LOVE IT! She is sitting in it right now kicking, bouncing, smiling, grunting and drooling away! Yeah...no more one handed typing! It really is magic! Thanks again.

Rice Family said...

Emily- TOO CUTE! I have to say that there is not too much that can come clase to watching your child's face light up at something magical, like Disneyland. And as they grow it gets better and better. We took Jackson a few months ago (he's 2 now) and it was a blast to see his reactions this time. Now that he knows who Mickey and the gnag are. It was wonderful looking at your blog. Miss you!

hatchbatch00.blogspot.com said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Disney Land! Can't wait to take my little girl there someday, kids just love it! Charlie is getting so big and cute!

The Jorgensen's said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only mom that got teary taking their kid to Disneyland for the first time. It really is a magical place!

Esther said...

Wow! What an amazing adventure. That is so exciting. We are thinking about taking Hannah to Disney World for Christmas. I kept wondering if she would be too young. I guess any age loves Disney. I am glad you guys had fun. You need to post pictures of your new house. I have been dying to know what it is like. (pool?)

THE LEWIS' said...

wow i cant beleive how stinkin cute your little charlie is. isnt it crazy how fast the time goes. I mean josh and I already have a 3 and a 1 year old. I dont beleive it. Your little famimly is so cute. Hope all is well.