Without holding out on you any longer, I give you Pinnochio....
...and Cleo, Gepetto's goldfish.
Check out the fish face! I don't know about you, but I am impressed. She was totally in character:)
Not the best picture of her costume -- but you can kind of get the idea...she has 2 little fins at the bottom of the bunting. I'll post a better picture when we take one:)
And with eyes as clear as water...what a beauty:)
Not the best picture of her costume -- but you can kind of get the idea...she has 2 little fins at the bottom of the bunting. I'll post a better picture when we take one:)
This is the first year that I didn't use a store bought pattern for costumes and it went really well. I made Charlie's shirt from an old, cream colored dress shirt from Brian's side of the closet and made the collar from white cotton I had on hand (truth be told, its from a bed sheet I keep in my fabric stash...). The bow tie (which, in my opinion, is a little big -- I'll be toning that one down soon) is just from blue cotton with a piece of blue ribbon and velcro for the neck strap. I used a pair of shorts that fit him well to make the pattern for his red shorts, then added some Norwegian-style ribbon to the sides and some straps over the shoulders that button at the waist. I adapted a shirt pattern for his vest and hot glued gold braiding around the edges. His hat is just made from 2 pieces of craft felt, some grosgrain ribbon I had on hand, and a left over red feather from his Peter Pan costume last year.
Lucy's costume is an adaptation of Martha Stewart's infant goldfish costume. I dyed a white onesie orange and added ric-rack to the sleeves and neckline. I used the same hat pattern from Charlie's lion costume to make her hat from a white dollar store t-shirt that I dyed orange (I wanted the oranges in the hat and onesie to match) and then just kind of made up a fish fin with ribbons, ric-rack, and tulle (left over from our wedding reception, no less. Please don't ask how I used orange tulle at our reception, because I can't remember...on a table perhaps? Whoever would have thought that it would come in so handy, 5 years later?!) And there you have it: Halloween 2010!
Lucy's costume is an adaptation of Martha Stewart's infant goldfish costume. I dyed a white onesie orange and added ric-rack to the sleeves and neckline. I used the same hat pattern from Charlie's lion costume to make her hat from a white dollar store t-shirt that I dyed orange (I wanted the oranges in the hat and onesie to match) and then just kind of made up a fish fin with ribbons, ric-rack, and tulle (left over from our wedding reception, no less. Please don't ask how I used orange tulle at our reception, because I can't remember...on a table perhaps? Whoever would have thought that it would come in so handy, 5 years later?!) And there you have it: Halloween 2010!
Happy Halloween!
11 comments:
emily, these are darling! i actually love the size of the bowtie. here's my question though, doesn't the whole family usually dress up? i'm assuming that means there's more to come?!?!?
ADORABLE!! I didn't think it was possible for you to impress me even more with your skillllls, but you did! These costumes are amazing, the kids look so so cute! I can't wait to see them in person.
Wow! Love the costumes!! And your kids are super cute!!
OH MY GOSH, you are so cute!
Wow. I am thoroughly impressed. Can I hire you? Those costumes look great! I love the pictures of your cute kids modeling your work. ;)
No, no, no... leave the bow tie being HUGE! It makes it that much more cute!
Emily, I'm so excited to find your blog. You are too cute and your kids are adorable. I am so impressed with your skills and creativity!
So in love! And I agree with Kim, I love the big bow-tie! It's all about big at Halloween, right?? And yes, what about you and Brian?? Your description makes it sound SO easy!! Maybe one day, but in the mean time, I will just keep on aspiring to be like you. :>)
Ack! I am almost as impressed by your ability to keep a blog going as I am by your incredible costume-making talent! We are going to own that craft fair in November. Well, you are. But I'll be sitting next to you :)
Awesome costumes! The size of the bowtie is perfect! This leaves Geppetto, Figaro, Jiminy Cricket, Monstro, and the Blue Fairy - which ones will you and Brian be?
Cute costumes, and cute pictures of Charlie! He makes a very dapper Pinnochio. Gotta love that Cleo costume, too--I love that your costumes go together.
Post a Comment