We REALLY like Halloween.
Like, alot.
I have an especially strong fondness for the holiday.
Do you know what I love most about it?
Making the costumes.
I love the excitement of "being someone else" and the creativity required in trying to make it all come together.
Like, alot.
I have an especially strong fondness for the holiday.
Do you know what I love most about it?
Making the costumes.
I love the excitement of "being someone else" and the creativity required in trying to make it all come together.
Here. Join me for a brief tour of the Ames costume archives.
2005: Popeye & Olive Oil

2006: Snow White & Prince Charming
(Brian will probably ban me from blogging ever again for posting this picture...he's such a good sport. This was the costume I wore as a teacher every year -- he went along with it for the ward party)2007: We were lame and didn't do anything. Like I said, LAME.
2008: We made up for 2007's lameness by having a baby and dressing him like a lion.

A very cute lion.
(This was the first thing I ever sewed from a pattern. Halloween taught me to sew - maybe that's another reason I love it.)2009: Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and pregnant Wendy (Lucy was tinkerbell at 5 months along)

Yesterday we went to Joann's and got everything we'll need for this year's get-ups.
I am beyond excited:) 2 kids to dress up? AWESOME!
6 comments:
you're so funny: a. i don't think those are bad pictures at all. b. your costumes are very fun.
thanks for sharing your other sewing projects by the way--i think i'm going to copy some of them. isn't it fun to have little kids to dress in our homemade creations? yours look great, by the way.
It's fun to see your past costumes, you are so creative and such a talented seamstress. Based on the supplies for this year's costumes, I can't even guess what the kids are going to be. Any hints or do I just have to wait until you reveal the finished product?!! ;)
I'm also trying to figure out what your kiddos are going to be and I can't think of anything. I'm sure it will be darling though!
Aren't those pancakes fun?! I love Williams Sonoma's after holiday sales. I picked up those molds for 5 bucks last year!
Charlie was so little last Halloween! I can't wait to see what their costumes are. I'm sure they will be awesome. I think Kiley is going to be Elmo... she has developed a love for the furry little guy : ) Hope all is well!
I can't wait to see what your kids are going to be!! I love that you love Halloween - I totally do too. But, the most interesting costume I've done in recent years was dress up as Byron once. It WAS very comfortable...
As a fellow fan of Halloween, can I say I LOVE the couples/family costumes? Love them! Halloween is my favorite holiday and couples costumes are the best ever! All of your costumes are darling!
Post a Comment