Brian here... one of my goals is to catch up on things I wish I had posted a long time ago. One of those things being the Ogden Santa Run last year. It was a 5k race down Washington Boulevard from 22nd Street
to 26th Street. All along the course Santa's helpers were handing out milk and cookies to the runners. If that wasn't motivation enough, with your registration fee you also got your very own felt Santa suit (as expected, not the best quality. Is there such a thing as felt that dissolves when exposed to sweat? I'm glad I wore shorts underneath my suit).
Emily and I ran the race with my dad and cousin. Charlie and Lucy came a long in the stroller as well... Lucy had a great time eating cookies and Charlie slept the entire time. They played Christmas music along the course and a few people dressed their dogs up like reindeer and rode behind them on long boards.
The race was followed up by the Ogden Holiday Electric Light Parade and Santa’s arrival in Ogden. We then went to the Pizza Factory for a really fun dinner with Cousin Tom & Heather! We still talk about how much fun we had.
We probably won't be in Utah this Thanksgiving so we'll have to wait until 2013 to defend our 2,716th place finish!
4 comments:
A run that involves Christmas music and milk and cookies is my kind of race! I love the pics of all the santas and the one of your team, looks like it was so fun!
That is hilarious! I can't believe I have never heard of this!
Dear Brian, you are confused... Kaleb is not your cousin. That would mean that I was your Aunt. Since I am your sister, and Kaleb is my stepson... it makes Kaleb your nephew. Hope this clears things up... don't call me Aunt Jenn : )
Dear Brian, you are confused. If Kaleb was your cousin... that would make me your Aunt. Since I am your sister and Kaleb is my stepson, that makes Kaleb your nephew. Hope this clears things up so you won't call me Aunt Jenn : )
Post a Comment