Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Shamefully, ours has become that blog that goes months and months (and months) on end without being updated. I even told myself a month ago that until I updated our blog, I wouldn't allow myself to check other blogs. Yeah right, like that worked:)

And look. Now I'm just writing a lame post of excuses for my inability to keep an updated record of our family's comings and goings. Don't be mad at me for the wasted internet space this post is taking up. Ours has totally become that blog. Blech.

But we are very much alive and doing well, in case that was a question. It just seems that life has become insanely busy lately, all with very little effort on our part (at least it feels that way). I don't know what happened. All I know is that more often than ever before, I feel like I need water wings, just to keep my head above water and in the game.

And as much as I'd like to make active blogging a New Year's Resolution, I know myself too well to even go there. But hey, I'm up to the task of attempting regular blogging, so we'll see how that one turns out.

And speaking of the New Year, Happy 2012!! I have to say, I'm pretty excited for 2012. 2011 wasn't my favorite year, so I'm not too terribly sad to see it go. Though I can honestly say that I am grateful for the growth it provided.

Moving on.

In the next week, I hope to have some kind of Christmas post up and done, and maybe I'll throw in a Thanksgiving one while I'm at it, since I have apparently become the person that only blogs about holidays. Will our children know that they had any childhood other than on holidays? Well, I guess not if they read our blog. But hopefully the pictures and stories we tell them in 20 years will make up for the lack of written record. One can only hope right?

Here is an unrelated picture of our little family from a Disney trip with some of my side of the family in November. I'd put up a more recent one of the little humans, but we haven't uploaded those pictures from our camera. You bet I'm that on top of things:)


Here is to a new year, new beginnings, and new attempts at record keeping!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm glad you're alive!! It wasn't until a week after thanksgiving had come and gone that I realized I never called you. Major fail on my part. Hope your holidays were great! I need to plan a trip to come see you!!

emily snyder said...

dearest em, i just want you to know that i STILL want to be you when i grow up!! your kids are adorable. you are just as beautiful as ever.

thank you for inspiring me!!