Monday, February 19, 2007

Our First Snowman:)


Happy Presidents Day from Provo. This entire weekend has been GORGEOUS (as you can tell from the motorcycle picture) but this morning we woke up to a winter wonderland outside. As bummed out as we felt when we first looked outside (we've been dying for Spring), we realized that the snow was really a blessing in disguise. I've been begging Brian all winter to teach me the art of "snowman building" and today was the day! All winter, the snow has been too cold for a snowman but with the weather being what it has been lately, today's snow turned out to be PERFECT snowman snow! WOO HOO! I think I helped build a snowman with my family once when I was little, but I don't really remember much, so today I was basically "incredibly psyched out of my mind."

After getting geared up in our snow clothes we headed over to an elementary school field a few blocks. The snow was AMAZING! I've honestly never seen anything like it -- once you made a snowball and rolled it in the snow, it picked up EVERYTHING, including the grass underneath! It took us about an hour to create our masterpiece and we had a blast!

We forgot to bring stuff to decorate the snowman (i.e. a carrot nose, sticks for his arms, and stuff for his face), but lucky for us the P.E. teacher at the school had left out several traffic cones, there was a loose pipe laying in the parking lot, and the playground full of bark chips was only a few yards away:) What do you think!?

3 comments:

Lori said...

I can't believe it only took you an hour to build him! Brian must be a pro and you must be a very fast learner Mrs. Ames! I love it! He has got to be one of the best snowmen I have every seen! Not to mention...He's HUGE! I'm so impressed. I'm glad that you were able to ace snowman building before leaving Utah. Can't wait for you to come visit! Oh, I was wondering who took all of those pictures??? Do you have a stand for your camera that has a timer?

Anonymous said...

OK so you crack me up! That's a very impressive snowman! And who took your pictures?? (Wait a second, I'm asking all the same things as Lori!)

Brandon and Natalie said...

I love it! You guys must be really talented!