***Disclaimer: this post is made up of the emotional rantings of a frustrated pregnant person.***
I've been hesitating to post anything recently because I don't have a current picture of myself and we all know that a post just isn't near as fun without a picture to look at. But I've reached that stage of my pregnancy when I don't like having my picture taken (alright, lets be honest - I reached that point about 10 weeks ago). I always come out looking..."chubby." Of course, the camera does add 10 pounds, right? Like I need any more help in that area. But I digress. I will try to get a picture up before the end of the day:)
I am now 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant. If I'm not mistaken (and a 9+ month pregnant woman is never mistaken), that puts me into my tenth month of pregnancy. THAT IS ALOT OF MONTHS.
I'm proud of myself though. I've only had 2 major melt-downs this week.
My first occurred on Monday when I laid down after dinner to try and breathe (Buddy has rearranged things such that my stomach is now where my lungs used to live) and then I couldn't get up. At all.
To add insult to injury, I clumsily whacked my funny bone on the edge of a chair while trying to get up. At this point, I was so frustrated and humiliated that I just started crying. And then I begged Brian to take the baby out of me. Yes, I was that "with it" at that point.
Meltdown numero dos was just last night. This time I was in my closet trying to find a clean shirt to change into before Brian got home (so I could feel somewhat human) only to find that all of my shirts had some sort of spot or stain on the front from my belly catching/brushing up against anything and everything in my path. And even those shirts don't fit anymore. So I have officially outgrown (and stained) all of my maternity clothes, my body is exhausted, and I really don't think I can handle being pregnant anymore. Cue the waterworks.
The tears and irrationality didn't really stop until 45 minutes later when, after dinner, Brian and I went for a walk and then he took me to get some frozen yogurt. What a doll I am married to.
Brian and my parents keep reminding me that Buddy will come when he is supposed to. But I'm beginning to think that they are all lying to me.
At my doctor's appointment last Monday, the Dr. said, and I quote, "WOW. This is not a small baby." She told me that he'd be at least 8.5 pounds. She also said that if he didn't come on his own before the 14th, I would "be able to choose any day at all to be induced." Was that supposed to make me feel excited and privileged? That I could choose any day at all? A WEEK AFTER MY DUE DATE?
And if he's already a big one, and I can't be induced until atleast 7 days past due, how big will he be then? Oh my.
I've decided that if Buddy isn't here before my "just-in-case" appointment on Monday, I'm going to pack my "angry eyes" in my bag of tricks and beg the Dr. to induce me. On the spot.
22 Family-Favorite Slow Cooker Dinners
5 days ago

21 comments:
Bless your heart Emily! I think some of the hardest times of pregnancy are when you are at the end. You feel fat, the pregnancy excitment is gone and you are totally ready to be finished with your pregnancy. We will be praying for you over here and hope all will go well. Much love!
Okay, how come we didn't make the list of your friends and family? Aren't we considered in the almost family part of the catagory....We will be calling soon!
My doctor told me once that he thinks it is not accidental that you feel so done at the end. Otherwise ladies would freak out more about labor. That still didn't make it easier. I got to 5 days past my due date (measuring HUGE) and still wasn't doing ANYTHING--no exaggeration. So the doctor decided it would be best just to do a c-section because he couldn't safely induce me. Elinor was 9 lbs 13 oz so I do know about big! They make the CUTEST newborns, so buddy will be adorable! Good luck and eat lots of ice cream! You deserve it!
Oh man Emily, I am so impressed with you. I would have been yellin' at that doctor last Monday. You tell her on Monday that she has no choice, that baby is coming today, and then walk out of the room and go straight to the hospital. Ain't nobody gonna mess with a post-due preggo woman!
It's rough, I know!!! YOU CAN DO IT! Rant away. If you want you can come rant up here. It would be sure to induce labor...you leaving town. Or send your doc on vacation. Also sure to induce labor.
EMILY!!! OH I loved your post. ha ha ha I only know too well what you mean. My J man was THREE WEEKS LATE. That is NOT a typo. THREE WEEKS. I loved hearing, "Wait... you are still pregnant?" or better yet, "You haven't had your baby yet??" and then the winner of them all, "Oh, all you have to do is _____ to get the baby here---it works every time". All I could say was 1)YES. I am still pregnant. Eternally. 2)No. I have not had my baby yet. Thanks for reminding me. 3) I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, AND NOTHING WORKS! DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS BABY WOULD BE INSIDE OF ME STILL, IF I HAD NOT TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET HIM OUT!?
Sigh. I feel you girl. I feel ya.
Oh Emily..I hope you are a mommy by now! My dr kept telling me I would have Summer early but ofcourse I didn't and was induced the day after my due date. That was long enough to wait. I hope everything goes well, I can't wait to see pictures of your little boy.
I remember that feeling...don't worry, Buddy will be here before you know it.
Awww bless your heart! I hope Buddy arrives ASAP!
Hang in there Em! You are AMAZING!!! I can DEFINITELY relate to the pregnancy emotions. I hope little Buddy comes soon for you... and maybe he'll tell our little dude to come soon too! :) I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow... maybe they will have the same birthday!
Emily,
You're a much better woman than I am. Cameron came on his due date, but I had NUMEROUS meltdowns weeks before that. I remember crying in the car cause I was supposed to pick Chad up but he wasn't ready yet. It was a long story, but I called my sister from the car and just cried about how much I hated being pregnant at that point.
At the time, this statement didn't help me, but I know she was right. My doctor would always say, "Ginnie, you KNOW the baby will come out eventually." It didn't help me cause, like you, I wanted the baby out right then! Looking back, it's hard to remember the exact feelings you're going through, but just know that Buddy (and that is Cameron's nickname too!) WILL come out. And you'll hold him in your arms and just fall in love with him. And you'll fall in love with Brian all over again because of the amazing help and support he has been and will be to you and to your baby.
We wish you the best. You're going to be such a great mom! I will always remember your sunny, cheerful disposition. You make everyone feel so loved. That's how I know you'll be such a good mom!
Love you!
Hang in there, Emily! Your baby will be here before you know it. And the doc's predictions of your baby's size may not be accurate. The day before my baby came, my doctor said he was 8lbs 12 oz., and when Ben was born the next day, he was 7lbs 2 oz. Way off doc! Anyway, we thinking of you! Smile and he'll be here very soon! :)
I'm so sorry that the baby hasn't come. Hunter came a week late and it is miserable. Especially because it's your first and you are so excited and you don't know what to expect and so you just want it to come. I hope for your sake it comes soon. Good Luck!
I'm glad to know that my water works are not alone... just wait until that baby comes and you add ZERO sleep to the hormones.
I am so sorry! That's all I have to say. There is nothing that can be said....
Reading this makes me never want to be pregnant... I will leave the multiplying and replenishing to other people...
Oh emily I hear you honey. It isn't the funnest time in the world and the last thing you want to hear is that they will come when their ready!! I like them to come when I'm ready. If you think about ten months is a long time to sacrifice your body and your mind. you get to the point where you are just ready to be done and have your life somewhat back to normal. I think of it as God's way of helping us with the whole labor thing. You get to the piont where you want them out so bad that you dont car about the pain. I love you and wish I could be their to sit with you in all your misery. If it makes you feel any better I have ten weekss to go and I am already done. It's going to be a long three months.
Emily, I could SO hear/see you saying all of this and it made me realize how much I miss you! I tried not to laugh (too much) ;) at your post because I could be in the same position as you by the end of this month! I'm praying this little girl does NOT come early but we'll see how I feel next week. Here's hoping that Buddy comes SOON!
Oh Emily...I SO feel for you because I was just there! What's crazy is that your baby WILL come (even though it is hard to believe now) and it's SO amazing! You will almost forget how miserable you were (although you will be SO happy you are not pregnant anymore!) and it will all seem sooo worth it! I can't wait for your little Buddy to show up! Your life will never be the same!
Are you a "Friends" fan? This blog reminds me of the episode "The one where Rachel's Late" in season 8. If you haven't seen it you should, it will probably make you laugh, or wait maybe it will make you cry. Either way it should put a smile on that adorable face of yours. P.S. you are the cutest prego woman ever! Miss you,
Melissa
I think we all feel this way when we are pregnant. It's nature's way of getting us to be "excited" for the labor, because we've reached that point where anything is better than being 9+ months pregnant.
Post a Comment