Charlie had his first Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with just our little family the night of the 23rd (we had to combine the 2 celebrations, long story).
Charlie made out like a bandit. Is anyone surprised?
Brian got all of Christmas Eve off, so to celebrate, we drove to Utah...all day.
Charlie was brilliant beyond brilliant for the whole ride. Now I believe in Christmas miracles.
I came down with a cold and sniffled for the whole ride while trying not to breathe on the boy.
We got to Utah.
We ate.
I immediately gained an unparallelled love and appreciation for the weather in California along with an unprecedented annoyance for all things cold and snowy.
We bounced from family party to family party and loved every minute.
We ate.
Charlie was loved, adored, and passed around by all of Brian's family, his family's families, and his family's familie's families.
I tried to remain calm through all the passing.
Charlie handled it relatively well.
We ate.
Charlie met all 5 of his great grandparents. They adored him.
I finally got over my cold.
Charlie came down with said cold and it was ugly.
We ended up in urgent care with fears about respiratory infections. The tests all came back clear. SIGH OF RELIEF.
We ate some more.
We reunited with, and introduced Charlie to, old high school buddies, college roommates, co-workers, and many compadres.
We played Rock Band for the first time and LOVED it.
It was all in all a great time. But I've got to be honest, it was REALLY nice to get home and be able to take care of my sick baby on our home turf.
And no worries about Charlie's health -- the cold went away as soon as the sinus infection kicked in.
Please join me for a moment of silence in praise of Amoxycillin.
Thank you.
And Happy New Year:)
3 comments:
I wish we could have seen you guys. I heard we just missed you. We had sick kids the whole time we were in Utah. We should have called...sorry. I still have your Christmas presents so I need to get your address from you so I can mail them.
It sounds like a great first Christmas!
I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas! I love the family Picture!!
What a cute family picture! We miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment