Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fun Fun:)

Today is Charlie's 5 month birthday (I know! I can't believe it either[!]), so in honor of my boy (and because this is a fun way of journaling things I want to always remember), I'm going to do a tag that I found on my cousin's blog. (Even though normally, I'm honestly kind of tired of tags...so if you are too, you can just go to the next blog on the blog reader).

The Baby Tag
1. Where were you when you first found out you when you found out you were pregnant? It was a Sunday night in our humble little Provo apartment.
2. Who was with you? Brian
3. What was your first reaction? At first I was FREAKING OUT excited, and then I got a little nervous, and then I forgot about being nervous and the overwhelming excitement came back...for nine months:)
4. What was your husband's reaction? He was equally excited (less freaking out though) and a bit on the solemn (in a good way) side -- thinking about how things were going to change.
5. Who was the first person you told? Our parents - it was December so we gave them all 'for grandparents from grandchild' Christmas cards. Fun fun:)
6. Were the pregnancies planned? Yes, IT was.
7. Was everyone happy for you? Yes - to the best of our knowledge:)
8. What was the sex? A cute little boy!
9. What was the nursery theme/colors? Navy blue, light blue. burgundy, and white - sports theme. I don't think I ever put up a picture of the finished product...oops! I'll get right on that. If anyone's interested.
10. Did anyone throw a shower for you? Yesiree. We were spooooiiiiled.
11. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Pass.
12. How much weight did you gain? YEAH RIGHT like I'd put such a wicked number on the world wide web. Suffice it to say. I gained enough...and then some:)
13. Did you get stretch marks? You bet - they're my "I birthed a human" merit badge.
14. Did you crave anything crazy? Not really. I did develop an uncharacteristic liking for goldfish crackers, though.
15. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Nothing really. I really loved being pregnant:)
16. Where were you when you went into labor? Not really sure. I was induced, so I was in a cozy hospital bed for the aggressive labor part, but I was already dilated to a 5 when I got there. So I'll say labor started at home, even though (embarrassingly...and luckily), I never even felt my contractions until 2 hours after the pitocin started. Wierd.
17. Did you have any complications? Nope. Unless going a week over the due date is a complication...and in that case, YES, I did.
18. Did your water break? Eventually, with a little help from the doctor:)
19. Who drove you to the hospital? Brian - with a quick stop at Walmart on the way, of course, to pick up a back-up memory card...doesn't everyone do that?
20. Did you go early or late? Please see #17
21. Who was in the room? Brian, the doctor, 2 nurses, and the anesthesiologist (he pushed on my stomach from the top -- honest. I swear, if it weren't for that Dr., I'd still be pregnant).
22. Did you video tape it? Shockingly yes, Brian did set up the tripod and we have the whole thing on tape. Not that we have ever watched it, or ever WILL watch it. Ever. Ever.
23. Did you have any pain medication? Oh my gosh YES! I did it for our pioneer ancestors who weren't able to have such blessed things. And also because I value my life and probably would have died without it. (I'm not as strong as some of you out there).
24. Did you have a c-section or natural? Natural
25. What was your reaction to the birth? The first 15 hours were awesome: all the crunchy sonic ice you could imagine, watching the olympics in a cozy bed, Brian was home from work...it was great! But the pushing part...yeah, that part was HARD! Way more difficult than I could have imagined.
26. How big was the baby? 8 lb 7 oz and 19.75 inches long. He was a healthy one.
27. What was the baby's full name? Charlie Craig Ames
28. Did your husband cry? I don't remember, but I did. Seriously.
29. When is the next one coming? Someday.
30. If you could would you do it all over again? In a heart beat.

I love you Charlie Boy!!!Happy 5 month birthday!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

he's getting so big!!

The Kaspers of Logan said...

I hope the "A Beagle Loves Me" outfit is not in the category that you'll never use! If so... GIVE IT BACK!!! I will use it!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Are you kidding me? We're just waiting for him to fit into it! That's on the favorite's list:)

Kelli said...

Happy 5 months Charlie!! I loved reading your post...I'm kinda nervous about the whole labor thing!Isn't every women though? Thanks for your sweet excitement for us!! We couldn't be more happy about our little girl...by the way I just felt her today!! =) Miss you!