As one can imagine, such a schedule doesn't lend itself very well to many travel plans for the big turkey day; so we celebrated Thanksgiving at home this year with just our little family of 3. It was SUCH a fun day, filled with parade watching, turkey cooking, 'tater mashing, and face stuffing memories.
I knew going into the whole thing that it would be an adventure (at least) to cook an entire Thanksgiving meal, but could never have imagined how much fun it would be to work alongside Brian all day in the kitchen. Everything came together beautifully and we had so much fun! We absolutely loved our first "at-home" holiday and will always look back on it with smiles, fondness, and double chins:)
Please note the following requirements for proper parade-watching-attire in the Ames home:1. No pants
(who needs them when you're at home...and its 75 degrees outside?)
2. A shirt & hat to show love and spirit for your favorite balloon &/or float.
3. You've got to be really cute - like, seriously cute.
(unless taller than 4 feet - then we're pretty open and accepting)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
4 comments:
Yeah a new post! I wish we could have spent Thanksgiving with you, looks like you guys had a blast!
so cute. Sorry we bailed on you at the last minute. Sarah's family wanted us to come down at the last minute. I'm glad you enjoyed Turkey day and we hope to see you guys soon! Charlie and Luke need to have a play date ;)
YAAAAAY! A post from my long lost family! I had pretty much just stopped checking your blog because all I would see is Charlie in his fun green tights! I like the "pass the catch up"... that's funny. I can't wait for the post on your super fun Martin Luther King weekend to UTAH!
Fantastic!!!!!! C is getting so big!!!!
Post a Comment