Sunday, February 21, 2010

They say a picture's worth a thousand words

But in this case, its more like 4-5 days.


Charlie had his first run-in with the stomach flu this week.

Translation: I had my first run-in with the mom-side of the stomach flu this week.

I won't lie, it was ugly at times. Like, holding my poor baby over the trash can at 1 in the morning ugly. And not sleeping for about 3 days ugly. But we survived, and not only that, we learned.

Translation: I learned.

I learned that being there with your kid as they throw up isn't nearly as bad (in a "move over kid 'cause I'm going to lose it too, just from being here" kind of way) as I always feared it would be.

I learned that pizza is worth the money sometimes, even when you have a cupboard full of stuff to use for dinner.

I learned the theme song to "My Friends, Tigger and Pooh."

I learned that its possible to spend an entire day watching "My Friends, Tigger and Pooh" while maintaining some ability to carry on an "intelligent" conversation with the hubster when he gets home from work.

I learned that amoxycillin is a mom's BFF after a week of "My Friends, Tigger and Pooh."

I learned that Brian was right a few weeks back when he mentioned that our couch is much less supportive than it once was. (In fact, my back is thinking that new furniture might not be too bad of an investment right now...give me a few days and I'll be back to my frugal senses, I'm sure).

But most importantly, as hard as it was at times, I re-learned that there is no where I would rather be than sitting on a less than supportive couch, watching "My Friends, Tigger and Pooh," and holding hands while sharing cuddles with my sweet little boy. (Even if there has to be a bucket at our side).

I love you, Charlie Boy.

And I am SO glad that you are feeling better.


Here's to a healthier and happier week!
(Sans "Tigger and Pooh")

9 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Poor Charlie!! I am glad that he is on the mend. I think it is awful having a sick child!!

By the way, very excited for you to have your baby.

Love you!

meg said...

oh, that is so sad! I hate it when they throw up--Grey always looks so freaked out and he hates to get messy. glad to hear he's on the mends and that you were able to bond more in the hardship. Here's hoping you don't get sick this week!

natter said...

Poor Charlie boy! Hope everyone is recovered.

Unknown said...

yikes...child vomit is never a good thing. Luke vomited this morning in bed and it was really a weird thing to behold. Sarah got drenched and I was jumping up trying to get everyone clean. Glad everyone is feeling better and that you are still sane after watching My Firends, Tigger and Pooh!

Bethany said...

yuck! no fun...glad you survived!!

The Kaspers of Logan said...

Poor Chuck!

Brit Warner said...

Poor charlie... I was happy to see him feeling better after such a rough week! And I am happy to find your blog!

Courtney said...

You are too cute! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Lanenga Family said...

Aww! So sweet! Such a good mommy! :)