And that is a miracle.
Tonight we pulled into our parking garage after 2 weeks of "vacation."
Maybe now is not the best time to post anything about the past 2 weeks as I am still relatively "fresh" out of the 12+ hour car ride with an almost 2 year old and a 3 1/2 month old, nursing baby.
Have I mentioned that both Brian and I were on our death beds for most of the trip?
Okay, so maybe Brian was more sick than I was for the actual duration of the "vacation," but there was no holding back the competition for his sinus infection when my stomach flu showed up Friday night.
Did I mention we were scheduled to start our trip the next day...and we did?
We made it to St. George by the skin of our teeth (is that a real expression? If not, I just made it one) and then finally back to home sweet home tonight.
Charlie was beyond overjoyed to be home. It actually made him laugh out loud, just to walk into his room. Poor, poor over-traveled child. Welcome home.
Thank you so much to our wonderful families who did so much to help us enjoy and most importantly, survive, this trip.
And thank you to our amazing parents who even offered to drive/fly us home to ensure our complete survival.
And thank you to some amazing friends, (you know who you are), who provided us with an amazingly delicious (in an I-promised-Brian-I-would-try-to-make-him-incredible-meals-like-this-while-we-were-eating-it kind of way) hot and perfect dinner tonight when we got home. You have inspired me to be a better cook (an accomplishment of Christmas miracles proportions) as well as a better friend.
Did I mention that we are alive? Thank you to all who helped us stay this way.
There will be much more on this trip later. Right now, I am going to go and cuddle up to my congested sweetheart, as much as my sick tummy will let me.
22 Family-Favorite Slow Cooker Dinners
5 days ago
2 comments:
I am glad you guys made it home safely. Sounds like you guys need another vacation after your vacation.
Emily,
(you don't have to publish this either:) Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. And thanks for the scriptures, just read them. Beautiful! I just wanted to let you know that I spoke in church on Sunday on a talk given at April Conference that has also been helpful for me. It is called "All things work together for good" By Elder Martino in the Sunday afternoon session. Read it- if you haven't already :)
I hope you both are feeling better!!!
Jenny
Post a Comment