Monday, December 06, 2010

28

Today I am 28. Last night, I told Brian how "old" I felt -- that 28 seemed like a significant change...like, "I'm getting old depressingly quickly and am staring 30 down the barrel", kind of significant. But I'm pleased to report that 28 is awesome. All of a sudden, I'm proud of my age. And as embarrassing as it is to say, and as ridiculous as it sounds, I actually feel wiser and more confidant in my life skills than I did yesterday, when I was merely 27:) Makes no sense, can't be true, but its a mental boost for me, so lets go with it.So while I'm older than I've ever been (obviously), I like it. I feel really good about this whole 28 thing. Its going to be a good year.

And how could it not be, when I get to share it with these three?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Emily! You are so amazing! You have the cutest family! What a blessing to be able to enjoy your birthday with the that crew! Hope you had a great birthday!

Nancy said...

Just try BEING in the barrel of 40! UGH!! The poetic thing of this post, for me, is that I see myself at your age like it was YESTERDAY!!! It's this cool switcheroo that will always be because you and I in our age difference are practically the same as your mom and me. Not sure if I'm describing that properly but I feel like your mom probably did when I was 28 and so on. I remember celebrating her 40th (oh was I not supposed to let out that she is over 40? :)) and I was just a spec of 27 or 28 or something like that. I love that about our family! It's so cool. But, in the end, happy birthday and I hope you live it up through the rest of the 20's and 30's! I'll let you know how the 40's are when I get a little further into it. :) Hugs to you!

Kara said...

Good to know its not that bad...i'm only a month behind you
kara

meg said...

happy birthday emily! 27 hit me harder than 28, but i try to remember we're still fairly young. right? haha. your family is darling. i echo your wishes for a great year.

Serene & Damon said...

Emily! Serene here. I have been feeling the same way since I turned 28 way back in January. 29 is now right around the corner, but I think I've been calling myself 30, in my head, for the past 6 months. I think we are like fine wine... we only get better with time.