All three of my babes are sleeping peacefully and I am sitting in the glow of our Christmas tree watching Holiday Inn. (I think I have a subconscious holiday crush on anything Irving Berlin, or Bing Crosby.)
I love right now -- its one of those perfect little moments where everything feels right, good, and happy. I am wearing fluffy red socks, I am cuddled next to my slumbering sweetheart, and I am being inundated with Christmas merriment via the "big tv" (as Charlie would call it - its not big, like, at all). This time of year brings so many peaceful and fulfilling moments like this for me and I am so grateful. Isn't it wonderful to have a time of year when we can put everything aside and focus on what really matters? And speaking of what really matters, isn't it so humbling to think about why we even have this time of year? That Christ came to earth, for us? Just thinking on that miracle puts me back in my place and makes everything wrong go away (atleast for the moment) and everything good seem so obvious. When you consider the true meaning of Christmas, it is inevitable that such moments, like the one I am having now -- so full of peace, joy, and love -- would abound this time of year.
The only thing that could make right now any better would be if Brian was awake next to me on the couch. But he's so cute when he's sleeping, I'll not complain:)
So while there are many projects and Christmas gifts waiting to be made and/or finished over at ye olde sewing station, and while this would normally be a perfect time for such fun and frivolity, I will, instead, bask in the glow of the Love and Joy that this wonderful season bears...as well as that of our Christmas tree.
2 comments:
Wonderful post! Sounds like a perfect viewing of holiday inn.
PS, am I allowed to request a Christmas card? I mean, if you have enough?
511 s 1200 e
Slc, ut. 84102
What a great post Emily! Thanks!
Post a Comment