Anyone in the mood for a proposal story? Okay:)
We'd known each other for over a year and a half, had been dating for 7 months (4 of which were long distance, 2 of which was R-O-C-K-Y), and were madly in love with one another. It was a Friday night and while cutting his hair, I asked Brian what he wanted to do that night. He said he wasn't sure yet, but he would come up with something and would be by to pick me up in a couple of hours.
He called me back a couple hours later really excited about what he had "come up with" but wouldn't tell me because he wanted it to be a surprise. We had already been ring shopping and knew we were going to be getting married, but I didn't think he would propose that night because while cutting his hair earlier, he was telling me all about the excuses the jewelers were giving him about the ring not being done, yada yada yada, a week after it was supposed to be done.
He picked me up and we swung by Panda Express to pick up something for dinner and then we headed back to his place. When we got to his townhouse, there was a ladder leading up to the roof where he had set up an entire picnic, complete with our love mix playing in the background. I was shocked, excited, and knew something was up.
We enjoyed our dinner on the roof with a beautiful view of Provo and its lights. When we finished dinner -- Brian handed me 2 fortune cookies. (You know where this is going, don't you!?). He instructed me to open a certain one first, which essentially told me how much he loved me (at this point, I was getting pretty excited and as a result, ripped the fortune in half when opening the cookie. Oops. I had to, literally, piece it together to read the message). The second fortune asked me to marry him -- when I looked up from the fortune, he was on one knee with an open ring box in his hand. Enter EXCITED EMILY! (Sidenote -- at this point, he was pretty nervous and with his hand was quivering, forgot what hand the ring was supposed to go on -- I thought that was SO cute, not to mention flattering:) I still smile anytime I think about it.) It was a PERFECT evening, and I'm pretty sure you can figure out the rest of the story:) I love him!
Tragically, there is not a single picture of us from that night. So this will have to suffice.
9 comments:
Love the story, very cute! I love hearing how people met, proposals, etc... O.k., Emily you are hilarious! could not stop laughing when I saw "your pic".
SIX years ago??? holy cow, that makes me feel old. those were the good ol' days!! so fun to see pictures from lucy's birthday. your family is adorable. sure love you guys!
Haha! I love the picture! What I really want to know is what songs are on your Love Mix???
Hahaha. Love you engagement pic. Classic Brian and Emily! :)
I remember you coming home that night. I bet that is such a fun thing to reminisce. Happy 6 years. I can't believe it's been that long since we lived together.
HaHa, that's you guys in twenty more years : ) I must say, I knew the story, but got a little tear in my eye. It's suprising that the same brother that used to help hold me down while I got a banana smashed in my face could be so thoughful! Here's to SIX more happy years : )
What a great story! Tell Brian he did a great job with that one. Happy engagement anniversary :) And who needs an actual picture of that night, when you have one like that that totally looks like you guys anyway!
I forgot one of the funniest parts of the story. Earlier that day, my roommates had pulled Brian aside and asked if he was needing help thinking of ways to propose -- they were getting antsy too! Little did any of us know how on top of things he was:)
Brian you did what to Jennifer? Wow why are we just finding all of this out now? What other things haven't your parents heard about? Oh well we are glad that you have overcome all of those things now hopefully. It is probably not a good idea to let Charlie read Jennifer's comment what do you think?. Pia and Mia
Post a Comment