Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The Birthday DAY.

I have so much catching up to do on this blog, but I don't want to skip past events over because I know I won't go back to them. So before anything else is blogged, we are going to revisit March 23: our Lucy Girl's birthday...

Brian took the day off of work so we could spend it together as a family. This, of course, made the day pretty much perfect from the get go.

The day started, as every birthday in our house does, with the birthday person being serenaded with the birthday song.

Apparently, we aren't that sweet sounding first thing in the morning...

...but give us some time to warm up and we'll put a smile on your face!

We walked out to the front room and found balloons EVERYWHERE! The kids had a great time romping around for 5 minutes or so, and would probably have continued with such frivolity had big brother Charlie not noticed the stash of birthday loot covering the chair...

He's such an adorable and "on top of it" big brother:)

After presents, we played and goofed around while Lucy devoured her first sippy cup of real milk.


To say she loved it would be the understatement of the century; she didn't let that cup out of her sight the rest of the morning. And this, of course, made Charlie thirsty too.

(We go through alot of milk in this house.)

After a totally appropriate breakfast of rainbow sprinkle pancakes, we headed down to Disneyland for a day of birthday celebration!


We finished off the day with our traditional first birthday dinner of cheese fondue, followed by an ice cream cake.

Aside from her spoon totally getting in the way of the fondue being shoveled into her mouth, Lucy appeared to approve of the menu. Charlie liked it too, but it made him reeeeeally thirsty.

Like I said, we do milk...

Cake and ice cream were going really well too until I got all "mama will help you eat the frozen brick in front of you by cutting it up into bite-size pieces" on her. The independent little Miss wasn't such a fan of that.


However, she cheered right back up after I smushed all of the pieces back together. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Its your party, right? RIGHT!


All in all, it was a WONDERFUL family day full of memories and too much fun!

Happy Birthday, Little Lucy May.
We love you forever!


7 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

It looks like Miss Adorable Lucy had the perfect day. We miss you guys!!

jax said...

CUTE! That's too funny that she got upset about you cutting the cake. And hilarious that she was fine when you smooshed it back together! Looks like a fun birthday!

natterpants said...

A few things:

- Such cute birthday traditions!!
- Lucy and Addie would be buddies, they've both got SPUNK!
- She has the cutest little hair, love (and am jealous) that she can wear a clip
- Addie's already out growing her jellies too. And didn't they have the same jellies last summer too? Long distance BFFs.
- And I'm so happy to see that Brian hasn't outgrown his crazy faces in photos. :)

Happy birthday to Lucy! I can't wait to see the party. (Also, I think I'm going to make sure Addie's party is AFTER her birthday next year because having it first made her birthday feel kind of anticlimactic. Well, I was just emotional and Jacob was like, "Didn't we already do this?")

Longest comment ever. Miss your face(s).

meg said...

lucy is such a doll--what a fun way to celebrate! happy birthday to her!
and look at you, skinny mama! you look fantastic.

The Lindes said...

i loved that first cake picture! happy birthday Lucy!

The Kaspers of Logan said...

Happy Birthday to Lucy! She is getting so big and cuter every day! Charlie really means business when he's drinking his milk, doesn't he. I would hate to be there if you ever ran out! Another thing Brian has not outgrown... his plaid shirts : ) We still love him though!

scott and linds said...

what a fun birthday! that Charlie is the cutest big brother ever! What fun, adorable kids. ;)