Amidst all the hulabaloo of birthday and engagement posts, let's not forget this dude.

He is, pretty much, completely awesome and cracks me up everyday with the clever things he says. Not to mention how he warms, and then melts, my heart with the sweetness he shows to me and Lucy, when he isn't saying clever things.
Lately, he is super into his play kitchen and can most often be found mixing up hot chocolate (in a tea set Lucy received for her birthday and still hasn't been able to play with), "big eggs," and "strawberry drink" (a plastic strawberry in a cup).
Upon finishing this delightful meal, one will be asked by the Boy, "Okay [insert name], can I get you anything else?!"
And in case you didn't know, no one can get full in this game. So just keep ordering and he will keep cooking.
All of a sudden, Charlie has gone from my demure and timid little boy to an active and brave man-child, conquering playgrounds and large distances from mom with ease. While I am so proud of him, I miss him hanging close by my side. Good thing he still loves for me to hold him. (Apparently, I am the one with attachment issues).
We are working on using our hands for sharing with Lucy instead of pushing her away, but its a tricky concept to figure out. And let's be honest, many adults don't have this one figured out either.
If you give him a chance to warm up to you, or even can get him to flash you a smile, Charlie will win your heart, instantly.
I told you so.
4 comments:
Ahh he's getting so big!!! We need to see you!
Such a handsome guy. I can tell he's an awesome big brother.
that top picture needs to be blown up and framed forever. he's so darling!!
Our blog is going private this week! Check my blog on how to get access. Thanks!
Post a Comment