Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lucy's Birthday Party - Disneyland style

Seeing as our little lady has practically grown up at Disneyland, we found it only appropriate to throw her a Disneyland themed party for her big day.

A huge shout out to my wonderful Brian and the ultra-talented Britney for taking such awesome pictures of the day. Thank you so much!

And another GIGANTIC thank you to mine and Brian's parents for all of their help. Seriously. THANK YOU! We won't go into how the food table would have been empty had it not been for all of their help and hard work. Oh, I just did...


The Digs...

"Someday, we'll have a backyard." That's what I say to myself every time we haul a birthday party to a park. But that being said, thank goodness for great parks.


The Get-ups...

Each child at the party got a Disney character hat and an "I'm Celebrating" button from Disneyland. You should have seen the Disneyland employee's expression when I asked him for 20 of those buttons :)


The Food...

The menu featured different treats inspired by the different "lands" at Disneyland and each was labeled with a miniature vintage Disneyland attraction poster: 'Planetary Pizza brought to you by Tomorrowland;' 'Fruit Kabobs brought to you by the Tiki Room;' 'Carrots and Animal Crackers inspired by Critter Country;' 'Disappearing Cookies sponsored by the Haunted Mansion;' 'Strawberry Lemonade sponsored by the Mad Tea Party;
and 'Lucy's Favorites inspired by the Birthday Girl,' because everything aside, Lucy was the one being celebrated. Lucy's Favorites included macaroni and cheese, honeydew melon, graham crackers, and Babybel cheese (this was her first time having Babybel, but she ADORES cheese and before he could say "Lucy," Charlie called her "Baby Belle," so it was too fun to pass up!).


The Treats...



The Guests....

Atleast the ones we could catch on camera!


The Fun...

In a true celebration of Lucy, we played "Lucy Likes..." Kids got to pull strips of paper out of a cup that were each labeled with something Lucy likes to do (i.e. dance to music, shake shakers/maracas, play with bubbles, do what Charlie is doing, etc...) It was great way for everyone to learn a little more about Lucy. And, obviously, she "liked" every minute of it!



The Favors...

For the grown-ups...


The kids each got party bags with a Mickey Mouse sucker, Disney stickers, their egg shaker from "Lucy Likes...," a Disneyland scavenger hunt, and a cd of the songs they play on the rides at Disneyland. I don't have a picture, but I'll try to get one taken and posted in the next day or so.



The Princess!
Lucy is truly the sweetheart of our family and we are so grateful for her. It was such a fun day as we celebrated our little lady, and while she won't remember the party we had in honor of her, we will always remember the smile and excitement on her face as so many friends and family gathered to celebrate her life.

A life that we live for.


Happy Birthday, Sweet Lucy!

9 comments:

The Kaspers of Logan said...

Fun pictures, and fun party! Maybe one day, when you have a backyard, it will be closer to us!

Meggin said...

You are impossibly talented. I could never even dream of throwing a party like that. WOW!

natterpants said...

EM, you did such a good job!!! It was DARLING! Lucy looked like she had such a fun time. You're such a good ECE major with such developmentally appropriate festivities! I only wish we could have been there to see it in person. Did you make those hats!? Of course you did. You're so awesome!

(P.S. I must confess that I didn't get all the disneyland references because I haven't been there since I was 5. What's the Tiki Room?)

Kim said...

WOW!!! What a party. Looks like such a special day and that no detail was left untouched.

AMAZING. still can't believe she's 1!?!?

Carol Davis said...

You and Brian have such cute kids.

katielyn said...

That party looks amazing! What a great party planner and implementer you were! (Lucy looks JUST LIKE YOU in that first photo of her! Totally adorable)

Courtney said...

I don't even have the words... amazing, incredible, darling, perfection... those may just barely start to describe Lucy's party (and you, for that matter). Seriously, everything turned out so cute. I'm so sad I wasn't there to see it all in person.

Happy belated birthday to Lucy!

scott and linds said...

Emily, Lucy and Charlie are the sweetest! (I love that post of him, too) What great pictures and what a fun birthday it was for her ;) It was amazing! That last picture is adorable of your beautiful family.

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun!! What a perfect day!! I wish we could have been there:) I can't believe your little Miss Lucy is one!! That is crazy!! It looks like you started the next year off in style.