Two years ago, today, the most beautiful little girl in the whole world was placed into my arms. Two years ago today, I received a second heart to love with.

I felt such a divine stewardship at that moment, it comes flooding back when I look at this picture.

It really is miraculous that I didn't cry tears of pure joy and amazement the moment she was placed in my arms, because I am fighting them back as I write this.
This little lady changed the life of our family, for eternity. It was a deep and beautiful change, one that I could never accurately describe. She was so fresh from Heaven, so pure, so perfect, and here; she was finally here. This little girl that had been saved for this very moment, was here. She was supposed to join our family when she did, I boldly testify to that.

Lucy is our firecracker -- I love that we have one. But if you stop to slow down and look closely, through her spunk, zest, and giggles, you can sense her profound spirit. It is a beautiful, strong, and amazing spirit, full of endless love to give.
The past two years have been composed of ups and downs, but always joy. Joy to know that I have been chosen to raise this lovely little spirit, joy to see her discover the world around her, joy to see her personality bloom and continue to blossom, joy to see the growth she has enabled each of us to experience, and joy to know that we can be together, as a growing family, forever.
Happiest Second Birthday, sweet little Lucy May. You are such a priceless treasure to our family. We pray you will always know that; we will work our whole lives to ensure that you do. We are so grateful that you were sent to us; we had no idea how much we needed you. Love you FOREVER, Little Lady.
10 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We're so happy that she's in your family too! (I attribute your pregnancy with her the beginnings of our friendship. Who else was going to have babies at the exact same time as ours??)
Happy birthday to Lucy Lu! She is such a sweetie. I love that last picture of her. What a doll! Hope to see her sweet face soon!
happy birthday, Lucy! Gosh, you are the cutest mom ever!!!
Geez! I wish I looked that good right after delivery!
She is such a beautiful little girl! It makes me so excited to have a daughter when I read this!
oh my! that last picture of lucy is to die for! beautiful girl!
Happy Birthday Lucy! What a doll!
LOVE her!! Happy Birthday Lucy!! Love the pictures!! She is so cute!!
Wow she is darling.
she's getting quite the head of hair!! i expect a braid by age 3 :)
Post a Comment