Friday, March 16, 2012

This HAD to be blogged about

Earlier this evening, Brian and I loaded the kids up and bravely ventured out to Costco (which, if you are familiar with southbound rush hour traffic around here, you know what a brave venture it is). On our way there, I almost fell apart as I tried to explain to Brian how uncomfortable, worn down, almost broken, and grossly unattractive I had been feeling today -- you know, really pregnant. So being the wonderful husband that he is, (and maybe because I told him I needed some serious building up), when it was his turn in "I Spy," he said "I spy something beautiful" -- so sweet, right?

And WHAT was the first guess that was shouted out from the back seat?

"BABY BELUGA!"

Thanks Lucy. Thanks a lot.

Nothing like being confused with a big ol' white whale to boost an emotionally-fragile girl's confidence in herself.

And of course, it only got better when Brian jokingly reassured me that "Its a baby beluga. That's a small, itty-bitty-dainty white whale."

Really? Wow. I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to hire a tutor for the "compliments to build people up" department. What do you think?


Thank goodness for a sense of humor:)

2 comments:

Rice Family said...

I don't believe I have laughed that hard in a long time. I do not mean to laugh because I have been there twice and TOTALLY understand how you are feeling... But life has been rough and tiresome lately and your post cheered me right up. It's funny how a sweet and well meant statement can go all wrong so quickly ;)

katielyn said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Side note, I love the song Baby Baluga!