Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Lucy's First Haircut

In December, Lucy got her first haircut. I'm so weird about first haircuts: for the days and weeks leading up to the milestone, I can't wait; but as soon as the deed is done, I get all sentimental and wonder what I've done. Am I the only one who saves the clippings in a ziplock?

That being said, Lucy's hair was getting increasingly unruly in the back, not to mention she was starting to sport a tail. Whoa. Too afraid to mess it up, I called my good friend Britney (who has cut her little girl's hair multiple times) and she gladly offered to help out.

Here are the before and afters (Britney requested that her hair be dry and straight for the cut...so I used my straightener on Lu that morning: she looked SO different!)

before:


during:
after:
(she ran off so quickly after the hair cut was finished that I couldn't get a decent shot of her new cut. But this is a week or so later on Christmas Eve. Isn't she SO cute, using all of her will-power not to eat Santa's cookies? Which reminds me that I really need to post Christmas...)

Britney cut all of the wispy layers of growth into a bob at the thickest length, so it would all grow in together. She looked so different with short hair, but we loved it! The girl couldn't look bad if she tried. What a cute little lady.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are not the only one, I totally take TONS of pictures and save the hair :)