Monday, October 08, 2012

Half Dome - The 30-hour Round Trip

Brian here...  I can finally cross it off the bucket list! I had the chance to hike Half Dome in Yosemite last Friday. We left Los Angeles at 4:00pm on Thursday, drove for 6 hours, went to bed at 10:00pm, got up at 4:00am on Friday morning, drove to the trail head, started hiking at 6:00am, got to the top around 11:00am, spent an hour enjoying the incredible views, started heading back down at noon, got to the car at 3:00pm, drove 7 hours, got back to Los Angeles at 10:00pm. It was incredible!!

In short, over a 30-hour stretch, we spent 13 hours driving, 9 hours on Half Dome, and 6 hours sleeping. It was completely worth it... I'd do it again a hundred times!

3 comments:

Aub said...

You are brave! Just looking at you standing near the edge of that cliff makes me panic & I'm not even there in person. Way to go though. Josh would love to do that. He'll have to find a new hiking partner for that.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Drew Here. Awesome trip and Pics. I am a nerd so I did the math and you forgot the 2 hrs from the hotel to the trailhead. (15 hrs driving total during 30 hr period). We didnt get to Glacier Point so we totally need to do it again.

Bethany said...

so cool!!!!