Tuesday, October 02, 2012

an addendum

Brian pointed out that in light of my blogging conundrum, I failed to include several details regarding the beach last night that in fairness to the general reading public, should be included.

In no particular order:
  • the kids were crying the entire way home because I didn't make dinner before we left. Oops.  Thank you, Panda Express.  You save me every time.
  • the kids were both whining and crying about having to wear their robes at the end of the night.  The only reason we have a picture of them smiling in them is because Brian was break dancing behind me.  And when I say break dancing, I don't mean it literally.
  • Lucy threw a tantrum on our way off the beach because she couldn't catch a seagull and wanted to hold one.  Well, honestly we were very okay with that tantrum because we thought it was hilarious and thrown for a very darling reason.  What a lovey.
But you know what, those imperfections actually made the night even more perfect for me: we were together as a family, and everyone was comfortable being open with their emotions.  (That's one of our major family goals, you know).

So while life isn't picture perfect all the time, I am very grateful for picture perfect evenings like last.  Isn't life beautiful, with its perfections and imperfections?  I love it.  Seriously.

Way to ruin the perfectly ideal blog life I created last night Brian.  Thanks.
(not seriously)

No comments: