I know everyone (atleast it seems that way) LOVES fall because of the cool weather, crisp air, soup, pumpkin everything, etc...but I'm coming to realize that I'm not really one of those people. Maybe I don't like baked goods enough, who knows.
To be honest, this year, I am mourning fall because it marks the end of summer, my newly-declared favorite season. This year, I came to love the care-free feeling of summer: the endless daylight, the warm air mixed with ocean breezes, the ice cream, the visitors, the vacations, the staycations, the sidewalk chalk, the popsicles, the inflatable pool, the ice water, the simple outside time, the complete lack of requirements, the picnics, the parks, the bbqs (I think we had like, 1...but I loved it!) and the overall fun feeling that summer was. I documented our summer on my phone and seeing as my pictures are now uploaded, I can share it with you.
 |
| Eve's first outing to the park |
 |
| a lot of beach days |
 |
| |
|
| first beach trip - 4 weeks |
|
|
 |
| splash pads |
 |
| more beach days... |
 |
| the Olympics |
 |
| Charlie fell in love with baseball |
 |
| picnics with friends |
 |
| simple and perfect summer moments... |
 |
| ... |
 |
| ... |
 |
| adventures at the local airport |
 |
| I discovered pinterest |
 |
| Eve started growing up too fast |
 |
| and managed to get cuter every second (she still does) |
 |
| legoland |
 |
| dancing in summer rainstorms at grandma's house |
 |
| LOTS of ice cream. |
|
|
|
|
I LOVE summer.
And I am completely and eternally enamored with these children. LOVE just isn't a strong enough word.
6 comments:
I am so with you there! I LOVE summer! I think I would like fall a little more if I didn't know what was coming next--snow, cold, wet, ice, etc. I know, I know, why do I even live in Colorado?!
Come on, Em! You're always bragging about your 70 degree weather in January. You don't have anything but summer down there, right? :D
touche, jen:) I stand corrected;) miss you guys!
I did love summer while living in CA. The sun setting at 9, with great weather the entire time made it tough to be unhappy. However, being back in AZ, fall (or the season between summers!) is definitely the BEST!
Emily, I love you and Eve is so beautiful!! I can't believe she's already 4 months!! I miss you friend. Coming to AZ anytime soon? :)
LOVE!!!! We totally share the same affinity for summer. No wonder I love you so much!! :) So glad I could see you when you were here in Utah. So fun to catch up and so great to see those beautiful kiddos of yours! YAY for summmer... I totally miss it too!
Post a Comment