Thursday, July 20, 2006

1 Year!

Sunday was our 1 year wedding anniversary!!! It was, pretty much, the best first anniversary either one of us has ever had:)
We are still in shock that its been a year already. It has seriously been so fun and amazing -- it just flew by so fast! So much has happened in the past year for our little family: we got married...I graduated...I got a job... Brian went to New York...we got bikes...we had a blog...we went to the Grand Canyon...we've been to Vegas (twice)...and we're finishing up our first internship! Whoa! What a year:)
We didn't do much to celebrate our anniversary on Sunday because it was my little brother's mission "unfarewell" (we're going to Napa next weekend for our anniversary trip), but we did cut into the top layer of our wedding cake!! Yum yum:) We picked carrot for the top layer thinking it would freeze well and it really did. I liked it a lot and Brian said he did too (once he got past the idea of eating year-old cake).
All in all, we had a great time spending the entire day together. Go Anniversaries!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh you guys are so cute! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year either! So insane! And glad to hear that the cake is actually edible. Jacob's mom saved our cake top from our reception in Wisconsin and the idea of the 1 year old cake kind of scares me. Plus...it's in Wisconsin so how the heck are we going to get it on our one year anniversary? But I digress! :)

Lori said...

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Ames!!! I can't wait until we get to eat our one year old cake. The thought of eating a year old cake doesn't really bother me. Is that wierd? When are you guys coming back to Utah?

Lori said...

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Ames!!! I can't wait until we get to eat our one year old cake. The thought of eating a year old cake doesn't really bother me. Is that wierd? When are you guys coming back to Utah?

Brandon and Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary. I cant beleive you have already been married that long. By the way, gross, lol. I cant believe you ate the cake. We took one look at ours and threw it away. You are officially one of the old couples in our ward now. Hurry Home!!!!!