For Thanksgiving, I always do a big feast where the kids get to dress up like pilgrims or indians and then we eat foods "reminiscent" (we're using that term loosely here) of the first thanksgiving (i.e. craisins, cornbread, carrots, turkey, & popcorn...remember I said loosely).
This year I decided it'd be fun to put on a show for our parents of all the Thanksgiving poems, songs, and reader's theaters we do in November (I mean, if we're going to learn them anyways, why not impress a few parents in the process, right?).
Well, the show was a hit and the feast was SO fun! I am convinced that there is nothing cuter than 6 year olds dressed in grocery bag vests and paper hats singing songs like "Albuquerque Turkey" and "My Turkey tis' of Thee"- except maybe hearing them take turns saying what they're grateful for around a make shift table of mini-desks!
22 Family-Favorite Slow Cooker Dinners
5 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment