Saturday, March 15, 2008

A new game...

Brian and I have found a new game to occupy our time. Its called CAR SHOPPING! Ugh.
This is a day I've always known would come, but hoped it would be much farther down the road. Let me explain...
When Brian and I got married, we each had a car with NO car payments - bliss. Both of our cars still work beautifully, but about a month ago, Goldman moved LA up - big time (Brian will be going down in May and I'll join him in June - if you want more details, let me know. There is MUCH more to this story than that 1 sentence could ever entail!).
So we are now in a slight time-crunch (nothing too bad) to replace Brian's wonderfully gas-hungry, no car-payment truck, for a more carseat-friendly, monthly car-payment, commuter car.
Here are the rules of the car shopping game:
You get 6 weeks to find a car that will last for a long time, won't break the bank, and won't send our insurance up anymore than it already is going to go in CA.
If you'd like to play with us and know of any good deals, or have friends trying to sell a car, PLEASE let us know!

This was my pick when we first started looking! Brian said it broke all the rules of our game.
We are still looking.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Too early for a minivan? We'd give you a great deal on ours. Little ones do take a lot of gear...And there's Papa's car still for sale. Hope you are well!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Brandon's sister had a Jeep Cherokee and it was an awful car. The were always having to replace everything in it. They are also not the only person that I have heard that the Jeep Cherokee isn't a good car from.

Ashley said...

Actually we might be selling both of our cars to get a (gulp) van. We have a two Honda Accords, mine is a white 2002 XL (I love it!), Kris has a gold 1997.