Friday, April 11, 2008

Can I get a "HALLELUJAH!"

Its official. Spring break is HEEE-ERE! I. Love. Spring. Break.
We're not quite sure what we're going to do yet, but I have the whole week off of school, so that gives us 9 days to figure out what we want to do. Right now, its looking like we'll be able to see both our families this week with a quick trip to California to see my family, and then a few days with Brian's side as well. Its going to be AMAZING!

This is Emily.

This is Emily on Spring Break.

Now don't get me wrong. We all know that I LOVE my job and A-D-O-R-E my sweet first graders, but really. Who wouldn't rejoice over a 9 day, no sub-plans, no pay-dock, no-questions asked, required vacation? Thank you.

In other good news, we are now the proud owners of a 9-piece, super-cute, super-boy, nursery set! (Thank you for your input Mom & Natalie!) What do you think?
It comes with the quilt, bumper, pillow, dust ruffle, diaper stacker, sheet, 2 curtain panels, and a toy hanger. I was hesitant at first because I had originally thought we would just go with something neutral, but after searching for too long and not finding anything we liked, we decided to go with the all-boy look. I'm thinking I'll decorate the nursery with antique-style sports stuff (i.e. an old football, old baseball glove, aged baseballs, etc...). I have high hopes for this sweet little room. Brian's hoping we can "influence" him early-on to love sports (Brian's first word was "ball"), we'll let you know how that goes.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bedding set! I, too, am basking in the glory of Spring Break. Right now we're just kicking back but we're off to NYC on Wednesday. Yeehaw! When are you guys off to Cali?

Aub said...

That is such a cute set. I love the sports themes!

Greg and Tammy said...

Love the room!! I got a 9 piece set from the same company for Emma's room and loved it because it was so easy to put up and make the room look cute. No brains or creativity required. :) Hope you have a wonderful time on Spring Break! Yea for vacations!!

Anonymous said...

Soo cute. Emily we will be in california this next week the 19-the 25th. Maybe we will cross each others path.

Aubrey said...

LOVE the bedding! I hope you enjoy your spring break.

Jill Revell said...

I love the linen set! So cute!

Suzie said...

emily,
I totally have this set but in the stars and moons. It is really good stuff! I love that it comes with so much. If you buy it you are basically done decorating the nursery. beyondbedding.com has a good deal on it.

Crystal said...

Love the nursery. That was what I had wanted for Hunter when he was born, but we had no money. The poor boy had hand me downs from my sister in laws little girl. Sad, huh? If you too like sports you won't have to push very hard. It'll just come naturally for your little boy. That's how it was for Hunter. He'll be three on Monday and he plays basketball, baseball, hockey, golf, soccer, volleyball and any other sport that he can. He loves it!! Plus, I think his first word was ball too. So don't worry.

Brandon and Natalie said...

I hope you are having a great spring break. I still love the crib bedding so cute!

Thank you for the b-day present. You are so sweet to think of us out here in Tennessee.

We miss you! Any names yet for baby Ames?

The Rodgers said...

Cute bedding. I have the same brand for both my kids beddings. You might want to remove the toy bag when he gets older. Madisen tore hers up...
Also, ifyou find a place to hang the diaper stacker, let me know. I couldn't figure that out.

meg said...

hey, congratulations on the baby boy! we are so excited for you. have fun on spring break and cute nursery. it's fun to go all out, boy or girl.

Peterson's said...

way cute, If we had had a boy nothing would have stopped shawn from doing a sport nursery, but, since we got a girl I got my way and did a Green Turtle nursery that would be unisex for all the baby's!

emily snyder said...

just wanted to remind you that I LOVE YOU!!!!! AND, how in the world do you know brian and brandi terry?!?!
i was blog surfing and saw that you know them!!

Chelsea said...

Emily- so good to hear from you!! Congrats on your little baby on the way, you will have such a fun time but get your sleep now!! looks like you are doing well, and very cute bedding set!! Fun that we can keep in touch