Ever since we found out we were having a boy, I have been DYING to make something for our little guy. I looked all over the place for a cute 'baby boy quilt kit' that wasn't too girly or too scary (scary = BRIGHT "crayon box explosion" color schemes with creepy ducks and clowns) and although I haven't found a quilt kit yet, I found a fun 'self-binding receiving blanket kit' the other day. I know it looks pretty basic, but for a novice like me it was just right:) After a few trips back to the fabric store for translations on the directions, I finished it last night and am so proud, I decided to post about it!

The back and binding are navy blue & white checks and the front panel is old-school style cowboy print. I'm SO excited! I've decided it will be our baby's favorite blanket...unless I make another one. Then he'll have 2 favorites:)
(Sorry about the funky picture. The only way we could get the whole blanket in (without moving the coffee table) was for me to hold it. Annnnd, I cropped myself out. Thus, the weird angle of the blanket.)
8 comments:
How fun! It's always fun to make things and have things to help the reality of what is happening set in! Congrats again.
So darling!!! I can help you with an additional cute boy quilt if you are interested. But this is so cute...only if you are in the mood for another one. Let me know.
Very cute Emily, We are so excited for you guys and for your Mom and Dad. Can't wait for the little guy.
Very cute Emily, we are so excited for you guys and your Mom and Dad. Enjoy everything about being pregnant it is so worth it.
I am very impressed. The blanket looks awesome! I didn't even attempt to make any blankets. I let my mom do all of them.
We miss you guys!
I forgot to add that Brandon can give you other nesting tips if you would like. ;)
Good Job on the blanket and of course that is going to be his favorite! I think the clowns and crayons are scary too! Who doesn't love an old school cowboy!
For the cutest quilt kits that don't scream crayon/bright/tacky or whatnot, try American Quilting on 800 N and about 400 W in Orem.
Post a Comment