Today one of my little girls came up to me, sad about something; and being the therapist/nurse/first grade teacher that I am, I gave her a hug and had her get a drink of water (a literal cure-all).
After her drink she came back over to me, looked me up and down and said, "Your tummy's getting FAT!" (I did not add the emphasis. That is how it came out).
I think tomorrow, we'll talk about "how to address your teacher."
Maybe something along the lines of "Wow Mrs. Ames! You sure look gorgeous today:) Just like yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that... I especially like your baby belly. Its so endearing and really looks good on you. You are SO pulling this whole pregnant-lady-look off. I sure am lucky to have such a go0d-looking teacher like you."
Yeah. That sounds good.
I'll teach that.
22 Family-Favorite Slow Cooker Dinners
5 days ago
6 comments:
Hahaha! Aren't kids the greatest? After my mom had my little brother my sister Jessica would always say, "Are you pregnant again?" Sometimes they know exactly what to say to make you feel amazing! =) Not to worry though, I saw your easter picture and you totally are pulling the pregancy thing off! You can hardly even tell you're pregnant. I'm 11 weeks and making any excuse to start showing. Any time I'm remotely full I give props to the baby (even though it's just me- really, really full)!!
Whatever you do, don't read them Julius the Baby of the World while you're preggo. "You will live to regret that bump under your dress!!"
Actually it turns out pretty cute in the end so maybe you can read it. :)
I am so glad I was never around little kids during my pregnancies. That is so cute Emily. If I was around you all day I would certantly tell you that you look great.
I am so glad I was never around little kids during my pregnancies. That is so cute Emily. If I was around you all day I would certantly tell you that you look great.
I taught the EIGHTH grade and one of my boy's said just about the same thing. Promptly after he said it one of the girls retorted and said, you can't say something like that to a girl! (Somehow she knew that all girls are alike whether they are teachers or students, and don't like the hear the word FAT). I got a good laugh that day!
I remember that comment coming from my kindergartners too. :) I also remember them taking their sticky little hands and trying to feel under my shirt to "tickle" the baby. Kids...
And I had to laugh at your pizza cravings. I craved syrup when I was pregnant with Reggie. Weird huh?!
Post a Comment