I can't believe it.
Charlie is 3 months old today! My baby is growing up too fast!
Now I know that all of you experienced mom's are out there snickering at me, thinking "dang Emily...you think 3 months is old?...Just wait Girl...Just wait...", so I'm going to give you a chance right now to laugh out loud at my "new mom, lack of baby life experience" expense. Alright, go.
Okay.
Time's up.
But seriously, while these 3 months have flown by SO fast, how is it that at the same time, it seems like Charlie has been in our family forever?
In reflecting on our Charlie blogishness, I think we did a pretty decent job of documenting his first month of Ames family life. His second month wasn't as well publicized since most of it was spent between the pediatrician's office, the pharmacy, and home, trying to find medications and ways to comfort and help his poor little tummy cope with the acid reflux. (Sidenote: To those of you who commented and shared what you knew, or even shared experiences of acid reflux with your own sweet kiddos, thank you. I apologize if I was unable to respond, but please know that just being told that I was not alone helped me get through that time SO much! Thank you, Thank you.)
Now as we enter month #3, we are excited as ever because the acid reflux is finally under control, Charlie is eating pretty well (making him AND mom soooo happy), and life with our boy just couldn't be happier!
I realized the other day that I never shared his stats with the class after his 1 and 2 month appointments, so here they are!
To jog your memory, he was 8 lb. 7 oz. at birth and 19.75 inches long.
At 1 month, he was 10 lb. 11 oz (80 percentile), 22 inches long (75 percentile), with a head circumference of 39 cm (90 percentile).
At 2 months, he was 11 lb. 14 oz. (6o percentile), 23 inches long (60 percentile), and his head was 39.5 cm. around (70 percentile).
Did you notice anything special? Despite his weight and length, he's got one healthy head on those shoulders!
He has a 3 month appointment next week, but I don't know if we'll bring any stats home because the doc said it'll be more of an acid reflux follow-up appointment. We'll let you know how that goes:)
22 Family-Favorite Slow Cooker Dinners
5 days ago

11 comments:
He's beautiful! I adore him! Sorry I missed your call the other day. I was totally sick. Still am and my friend is here but when she goes I'll call you and catch up. We must plan our Utah togetherness next month! Wahoo! Bye love you bye!
I love him too!
It is funny how your babe has been part of your life for such a short time but you can't remember or imagine your life without him. That's totally how it was with me (and I'm sure most people). Charlie is SO adorable! I'm excited to have a little man!
What a darling little guy!! Glad you got all the acid reflux nastiness under control.
Adorable picture!
He really is adorable!
He sooo looks like an Ames! ;)
Hey, I don't have your email address, so I'll just comment here for now.
The furniture website my friend sells from is homelegance.com, but there are no prices listed there, he sent an email with an attached spreadsheet that lists the original and sale price for every piece on the website, so email me at briscomissy@gmail.com and I'll forward it to you.
I know exactly how you feel. My little boy just turned 2 months, but he might as well as turned 20 and already left on his mission for how fast I feel he is growing up. Love the pic at the end, you got yourself one cute little boy!
So cute! He is getting so big! I love the ball cap. Did Brian buy that one?
3 months is a big milestone--what a cutie!
Post a Comment