Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jig...

Well, we made it.
We just got home from Utah last night and let me say, while we had a great time, it is SO nice to be home again.
I'm so sorry to all of our dear and amazing friends in Utah that we didn't get to see while we were there. This trip was a literal whirlwind, taking us all over the Wasatch front in 4 days (and too many sleepless nights). We barely had time to pack and repack our suitcases everyday, let alone make it to see everyone we miss so much. So I apologize, for all of us. (Good news though, I heard rumors over breakfast yesterday that another trip might be in the works for this summer. We'll keep you posted).
There were several reasons for this most recent pilgrimage: #1. My sister and brother-in-law were blessing their adorable baby boy (who I got to finally hold and snuggle with!). Too fun and too cute. #2. My sweet little cousin was being baptized the day just before the blessing. #3. Brian's parents were going to come and see us earlier this month, but when the aforementioned events were announced, it was decided that we would take a couple extra days to spend with them this weekend.

By way of a follow-up to my last post, Charlie and Brian ended up with colds all weekend, but they both did amazing jobs of putting on their happy faces and having a great time with all of our family.

So thanks to all of our family members for making this past weekend so fun for us! And if we didn't get to see you, we'll see you in June!

(And I'm sorry for the lack of pictures this time. "Sometimes" our computer is incredibly slow when it comes to uploading pictures, and I have loads and loads and loads of laundry screaming my name. Oh, how I wish I could upload pictures instead...)

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds crazy fun. Let me know if you ever decide to take a trip to Ohio! That's where we're heading May 30!

Unknown said...

So glad you are home!! When can we play again? We missed you guys so much!! Church just isn't the same without you! :)

Bethany said...

dang. i thought you were coming in town this weekend. whoopsies. i know how that can be to get so busy with family. i'll be down in disneyland/san clemente/ newport beach temple area at the end of april. i have no clue how close you are to these places. it will be a crazy whirlwind family trip for me, so maybe i just need to plan a weekend to come see grandma and grandpa...

Nancy said...

It was so fun to see you! Thanks again for coming to Sarah's baptism!

natterpants said...

Hope you waved to the mountains for me!

Tyson and Heather said...

How fun to out of town and see family! Hope to see you guys soon--hopefully this week:)!