Thursday, March 26, 2009

We are still alive....

barely.
I've been sick as a dog all week long and blessed boy that he is, Charlie has been an absolute doll for me.
Sad that now he's showing signs of coming down with what I've had.
Dang it.
And just in time for our trip to Utah this weekend.
I'm feeling like a great mom. "Neglect" my sweet child for 5 days only to take him away from his comfort zone, just when he needs it the most.
So watch out, Miss "Mother of the Year" and tighten that dishpan-handed grip on your trophy.
Because here I come.
Expect an update sometime next week when we're back.
I'm going to go get optimistic now.

And then I'll start packing.

7 comments:

Kelly Varga said...

You're in Utah?!? I want to see my Emily! Do you have time for a quick visit???

Brandon and Natalie said...

I wish we were in Utah to see you!!

I hope little Charlie doesn't get to sick and the trip will go well.

Sarah said...

Oh bummer!! He was doing so well, it always seems like when you are on the tail end of it, the kidos catch it!! Well, hopefully he will be resilant and get over it quick!! Have a super fun time in Utah!!

Holman Family said...

I hope charlie gets better soon! Have fun in Utah! :)

natterpants said...

YOu're in Utah?? SO jealous. Can't wait to hear the details. Oh and I'll be in SF April 10-17. Call me anytime you have time this week!

Anonymous said...

So I have to laugh at you becuase my children always get sick right before a trip. I think it's just my luck. It always turns out ok though. I also have to make a comment about your book list on your last post. I read and did baby wise with all of my girls and I swear by it. I think thats why my kids are such good sleepers I wold recommend it to any mother but I find myself scared to share it becouse some might think it is offensive any way Glad to hear that you are feeling better and hope little Charlie wont get to sick.

Thinking of you,

Janae

Brittany said...

UGH...I think I Missed you. Hpoed you would visit :(