Wednesday, June 09, 2010

But YES the hippopotamous!

Today we were lucky enough to go to the zoo with our dear neighbors, and even dearer friends, Sarah and Violet. This was actually our first big outing sans Brian and it went very smoothly (I think I might just be getting this 2 kids thing down...) Charlie was in heaven - everywhere he turned, there was another animal to see and call out to. It was a wonderfully fun morning, but what else would you expect when friends, sunshine, and animals are involved?

Looking at the monkey...

Channeling the monkey.

Checking out the Tapir - every toddler's favorite, right?

There was a lot of hippo lovin' going on here.

Gorilla back, Abby, Violet, & Charlie

Charlie, Mama, and the "NECKS!"

Thank you Sarah, Violet, and residents of the Los Angeles Zoo, for a spectacular day.
We loved every minute!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I recognize the title of this post from a book! :) I can only imagine how much Charlie loved the zoo, that is so fun! I love his cute grin in that picture with you.

Brad said...

...but not the Armadillo. I grew up going to the LA zoo. Looks like a fun day.