That is life with Lucy.
We had it good before she came, but now that she's here, we are really feeling the good-ness. Our family feels complete now -- and we had no idea it wasn't.
Lucy is such a precious little girl with so much love to give -- and she gives it. Her spirit is a great and strong one, (just like her brother's), and we cannot help but feel that profound strength when we are near her. It is unlike anything I have ever experienced. The veil is very thin, when you are with Lucy May. We are grateful everyday that she is here, and we are completely humbled that she is ours. We have many things to learn from this lady, and we can not wait.
As a mother, I have discovered that having 2 children has completely redefined "love" in my world; with Lucy here to also love and care for, I have found an even deeper love for Charlie. The love I feel for both of my precious children exceeds anything I can explain. Suffice it to say, Lucy has completely changed and beautified our home, filling it with a more powerful love than I ever knew I would be blessed enough to experience.
She is full of smiles these days and hands them out like candy, making the day of anyone and everyone who is lucky enough to cross her path.
She loves to play "the standing game" and will always beg for more, the minute you put her down. Silly girl:)
She is awake a lot more during the day and loves to watch the world go on around her. Everyone that sees her mentions how content she is and they are spot on. Had we known Lucy's disposition, her middle name may have been "content." (Okay, not really, but you know what I mean...:)
She is still the cuddliest little baby I know and is happiest when in your arms.
And have I mentioned that she started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago? We are talking 12 hours every night. This is serious stuff. I. LOVE. IT.
At 2 months young, she weighs 11 lb. 6 oz. (65-70%), is 22.5 inches long (50%), and her cute little head is 37.25 cm (15-20%).
She is our princess, and we love her.
Happy 2 months Lucy. Thank you for coming to our home. We are truly honored.

3 comments:
Oh yay, more pictures of cutie pie Lucy! What a doll. I can't wait to meet her! Did Charlie sleep through the night at such a young age?? I'm in shock and awe over here. 5 hours has been our longest stretch so far! (And I always wake up in the middle of it to check on her, gah!) Love ya lots and miss your face!
Oh and how do you figure out what percentiles her growth is in? My doctor hasn't ever said and I don't know where to find the info!
She is a doll! Sleeping 12 hrs...um can she come teach Nash how to do that??? Seriously we are lucky if we get 3 hrs at a time!! Enjoy it:)
Post a Comment