Charlie amazes me. How is it that a little person who I didn't even know a year ago has completely changed my life, inspiring me, daily, to want more than anything to live up to my full potential? How is it possible to feel so much love? What did I ever do that was so good, to deserve to be this boy's mom?
He is my dream come true. It's hard to put into words, my love and feelings for Charlie. Most simply put,
he is an extension of my soul. When I see him, everything else in the room seems to go fuzzy and we are the only two people in the whole world that exist. We exist purely to shower each other with hugs, kisses, loves, and giggles. I can't believe that I get to be a mom.
His mom.
Charlie teaches me everyday about Heavenly Father's love, just by being here. He will share his smile with everyone he sees, and in his smile he tells them that Heavenly Father loves them too.
And I get to be his mom. Me.
I can sense the maturity of his
great and noble spirit. At just 15 pounds, he is a gentle giant and I know that he will teach me so many things through the rest of my days. I can tell he did great things before this life and will surely do great things here.
He is such an incredible example to me. I am forever grateful for him.
I don't understand how it is possible to feel so much love for a person. But the love I feel for Charlie fills everything I do, everyday. It affects the words I speak with others, my actions, my plans, the thoughts that cross my mind, and the feelings in my heart. It overwhelms my everything. I can't even fathom the love our Heavenly Parent's have for each of us when I consider how much love I feel for Charlie, as only his earthly mother.
The word
"love" has a whole new meaning now. Charlie has taught me that meaning.
Everyday for the first few weeks after he was born, I would just hold him and cry tears of gratitude and joy, and thank my Heavenly Father for entrusting Brian and I with such an incredible boy. 6 months later, I find myself doing the same thing.
He is the best and grandest present I have ever received.
I love you,
my sweetest, dearest, most precious Charlie Boy.
You are my treasure.
4 comments:
i am LOVING all of these posts lately...i felt really out of the loop. it's been far too long since i've seen you guys, and remember how i've never met this charlie boy you speak of? just saying...
sure love you guys!!
If you don't do a post like that about Brian, he might get jealous ;)
I can't wait to be a daddy...i bet it feels alot like you just described.
What a neat post. Just remember that much of Charlie's awesomeness comes from what he sees and is taught...you guys are awesome parents.
Love this. Love you.
And I shouldn't have clicked that link about sweet Cora. I'm a blubbering mess now.
Post a Comment