Look who turned 6 months on Thursday!!!
Please don't ask me how Lucy is 6 months already. I am still scratching my head and drying my eyes.
We celebrated with a trip to Disneyland with my parents (the trip may have already been planned, but for now, we will say it was strictly in honor of our birthday girl).
It was really hot.
We celebrated with a trip to Disneyland with my parents (the trip may have already been planned, but for now, we will say it was strictly in honor of our birthday girl).
At 6 months, our Lucy is pretty amazing. Here are 6 fun tid-bits about our little lady...
1. She is ACTIVE!!! As my parents can attest (after these past few days with her), Lucy will bounce until your arms fall off if you let her:)
2. While she is happy to entertain herself (and is pretty good at it, for short periods of time) she strongly prefers people over things -- for example, she would much rather suck or chew on your finger than a binky, play with you (or your face) instead of a toy, sit on your lap instead of playing in her gym, etc... I think we have a social butterfly on our hands...and I love it!
3. She has started talking a TON this past week; more so than ever before. She will just talk and talk and talk... It is pretty hilarious to listen to. She sounds alot like a Jibber Jabber.
4. She LOVES baby cereal and as of tonight, also enjoys squash:)
5. If you put Lucy on her tummy, you can bet that she won't be in the same place long as she has figured out how to scoot around. There is no rhyme or reason to it, and she can't control where she is going at this point, but she is trying. Really hard.
6. She loves to chew/suck on things. This is something Charlie never did, but if Lucy can get it to her mouth, its there and its going to get wet. Period.
1. She is ACTIVE!!! As my parents can attest (after these past few days with her), Lucy will bounce until your arms fall off if you let her:)
2. While she is happy to entertain herself (and is pretty good at it, for short periods of time) she strongly prefers people over things -- for example, she would much rather suck or chew on your finger than a binky, play with you (or your face) instead of a toy, sit on your lap instead of playing in her gym, etc... I think we have a social butterfly on our hands...and I love it!
3. She has started talking a TON this past week; more so than ever before. She will just talk and talk and talk... It is pretty hilarious to listen to. She sounds alot like a Jibber Jabber.
4. She LOVES baby cereal and as of tonight, also enjoys squash:)
5. If you put Lucy on her tummy, you can bet that she won't be in the same place long as she has figured out how to scoot around. There is no rhyme or reason to it, and she can't control where she is going at this point, but she is trying. Really hard.
6. She loves to chew/suck on things. This is something Charlie never did, but if Lucy can get it to her mouth, its there and its going to get wet. Period.
2 comments:
I LOOOOOVE that outfit at the end!! Where is it from!? (Like Addie needs more clothes, seriously.) Love the headband too! Happy 6 months to Lovely Lucy. Can't believe Addie will be 6 months next week. It makes my heart hurt!
Thanks! I actually made that outfit from an old polo shirt I never wore anymore. (Its one of my most proud creations -- I made the pattern up -- can you believe I didn't copy it from anyone?!) I'll try to upload a better picture of it for you. If you want, I'd love to make one for Addie too -- just send me a shirt and I'm on it!
Post a Comment