Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Charlie is a chocolate factory

Or at least he's as sweet as one.

This little boy is filled with so much love and gives it so freely, I am amazed everyday at him. Not to mention grateful to be his mom.

Here's a little sampler of the sweetness...

-He is really becoming attached to Lucy. When she isn't with us (i.e. napping), he is VERY concerned about her and let's me know that he either misses her, or "needs" her. Ahhhh! We've arrived at the "they are getting along and actually LIKE each other" phase! Atleast for a second. Please, let me bask in my ignorant glow as to how long this will last...

Field Day, Geneva Elementary. June 2011

- He will drop whatever he is doing (most of the time) to get something for me that I need. Today, it was the pack of baby wipes in my diaper bag when I was changing Lucy. He is a helper and I LOVE it! Does this mean he's ready for a chore card? I think so. Its summer after all, that means its totally chore card season. Can't let the kid miss out on any aspect of childhood, right?

Oak Park Duck Pond, January 2011

- Today I dropped my keys on the ground of our garage. I told Charlie just to climb into the car and I would get the keys after buckling Lucy in. But when I went to get the keys, they were no longer there...I asked Charlie if he knew where they were. "Uh-huh! They are by the steering wheel." The boy had picked my keys up, climbed into the car, and reached up from the back seat to drop them in my cup holder:) It may sound like a little thing, but its not: that, my friends, is intrinsically motivated kindness (I wrote a research paper on it in college), shown to me, from my 2 year old. Not a common thing, in the least. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get all gushy inside with parental pride at the little man and gentlemen he has already become. And I am NOT taking credit for such goodness, that is just who Charlie is. I am proud to be his mom.


-Oh yeah, and speaking of "mom," that's what the man-child calls me now. Not mama or mommy anymore. Just "mom." Its fun and weird at the same time -- its like I've graduated into "mother of an older child-dom." I guess I should just be grateful that he's never called me mommy-big-lady.

-He has some great expressions as of late. My favorites being "Let me tell you something..." and "It goes like this..." (the latter is used to introduce a joke, or story he is about to tell you). Pretty fun, if you ask me.

-And while there is no end to Charlie's sweetness (except of course when he is "helping" Lucy to become a tougher cookie, or forgetting to pay attention to what the parents are saying -- he's 2, remember?), this is the end of this post. (How's that for an exit, eh?)


We love you Sweet Charlie Man. You are one of our favorite treats.

3 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

So cute!! He sounds like a sweetheart. He is getting so big and so handsome!! I can't believe he will be three soon, right?!

Amy said...

Love the post title, love the pictures, and love that sweet boy. I especially like the story about the car keys! :)

natterpants said...

We miss you guys, Mommy Big Lady! ;)