Monday, May 15, 2006

I "heart" job security!

Good news everyone...I got rehired for my same job next year!! YEA! What a relief:) I know my excitement is totally whack in relativity to my most previous post...I guess I was kind of frustrated when I wrote that one...sorry!
So anyways, all first year teachers (from what I understand) are hired on a 1 year probationary contract, meaning that you have to reapply for your job again at the end of the school year. Well, my principal came to me last week and officially offered my job back to me for next year! I was so excited! She's been hinting at this for several months, but nothing had been made official yet. Thus, you can imagine my relief when I found out that I had more than a principal's preference, I had a job to come back to:) This means that I'll be back in my same classroom, so I can start really making it my place. I've hesitated up until now just because I knew my job wasn't a total 100% thing for next year. But its so mine now! As one of my students, Nathan, would say..."This is WICKED!"

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations!!! That is so happy! See you soon...