Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lady in Red (Lips)!

So we've all been to atleast one Mary Kay party...right? Well I went to my first one last Wednesday night and as I was getting ready to leave the party, the consultant asked me a "favor." (Before I go on with the favor, let me give a slight preface)...Earlier in the night I'd asked a random question about red lipstick (I mean, let's be honest, what girl hasn't wondered atleast once in her life if she could pull off red lips, right?!) As I was leaving the party, the consultant asked me if I'd be her model for a Mary Kay meeting she had to go to. Basically, she needed a face and offered to do a "red lips look" for me. I was intrigued. I was tired. I said yes. Of course, it didn't take me more than 2 minutes on my way home to realize that I did not want to be a face model for this thing, but it was too late to back out (I've realized that saying "no" is not one of my strengths). Anyways, I went to the meeting the next night and to make a long story short, I came home 4 1/2 hours later with red lips and WHOA BABY were they RED!
I'll admit, it was kind of fun to have bright and daring lips...but they were WAY to bright for me. If I do decide to do red lips again someday, I'll defintely be going a bit darker...but then again, Ronald McDonald has always fared well:)

No comments: